7.5

THREE MONTHS LATER

THREE MONTHS LATER

Carrie pulls up to the address she was given when she was asking around about Vince.
"It's got to be it, right?" Carrie asks herself as she looks around. Carrie walks up the stairs before she is surrounded by men with guns. Carrie puts a protective hand on her stomach before going to walk back down the stairs.
"Whoa, whoa!" A voice calls causing Carrie to quickly turn towards it. "Easy friends. She's with me," Vince says in Portuguese. Carrie smiles as she sees her brother, having not seen him in over a year. "C!"
"V!" Carrie says as she pulls her brother into a hug. Vince takes her to his home where she meets his girlfriend, Rosa.
"How long do you plan on staying?" Vince asks as they all eat. He is happy to have his sister back and doesn't want to see her go anytime soon.
"As long as you want me to," Carrie answers him with a smile before she slightly frowns.
"What is it, C?" Vince asks as he notices her frown.
"I need help, V," Carrie answers him honestly. "I'm pregnant."

FOUR YEARS LATER

"It's got to be it, right?" Mia asks as she looks around

"It's got to be it, right?" Mia asks as she looks around. Brian holds Mia's hand as they walk up the stairs before they are surrounded by men with guns.
"Let's get out of here," Brian says as he looks at all of the guns.
"Whoa, whoa!" A voice calls causing Mia to quickly turn towards it. "Easy friends. She's with me," Vince says in Portuguese. Mia smiles as she sees Vince and Carrie, having not seen them in five years.
"Mia!" Carrie says with an excited smile.
"Carrie," Mia says with a smile as she pulls her into a hug. Vince hugs Mia while Carrie and Brian hug.
"Buster," Vince says as he and Mia pull apart. "Come on."
"Dom here yet?" Brian asks as they continue up the stairs.
"No," Carrie answers him with a frown.
"When was the last time you heard from him?" Mia asks worriedly.
"A couple of weeks ago. Up in Ecuador somewhere," Vince answers her before Mia looks at Brian worriedly. "How does it feel?"
"What's that?" Brian asks.
"To be on the other side of a wanted poster?" Vince asks as he looks him.
"He'll show up," Brian assures Mia as she looks at him. Vince leads them inside his home causing Mia to smile as her eyes land on Rosa with a baby in her arms.
"This is Nico," Vince introduces before he kisses his son on the head.
"He's adorable," Mia says as she waves at the baby before they all turn at the two giggles heading towards them.
"Mama!" A little girl yells as she hugs Carrie before being joined by the little boy that is with her.
"Mama?" Mia asks Carrie in shock.
"Auntie Mia?" The little boy asks as he looks between Carrie and Mia.
"Mia, this is Amelia and Jackson," Carrie says with a small smile as she hugs the twins.
"Come on, lets get you two something good to eat," Vince says before leading them over to a table. Brian and Mia quickly eat their food since it had been a while since they had a proper meal. Rosa looks at Vince worriedly, seeing their conditions. After they are done eating, Mia holds Nico as Rosa and Carrie do the dishes.
"Time for bed little one," Rosa says in Portuguese, after looking at the clock.
"Can I bring him?" Mia asks her as she smiles down at Nico.
"Of course," Rosa says before they stop in the doorway so Nico can see Vince.
"Goodnight," Vince calls to Nico as Mia smiles at Brian, who lightly smiles back. Mia lays Nico down in his bed before he waves his hand at her causing Mia, Carrie, and Rosa to smile. Mia starts to feel as if she is going to vomit.
"Excuse me, sorry," Mia says before she quickly leaves the room.

"Why Rio, Vince?" Brian asks as he and Vince drink beer.
"You mean after you screwed everything up in LA?" Vince asks him back. "Ended up free-falling through South America, you know, hitting every hellhole on the way down. Would have kept going if not for Rosa and a pregnant Carrie showing up."

Carrie follows after Mia to find her in the bathroom.
"Does he know?" Carrie asks as she figures out that Mia is pregnant. Mia shakes her head no before Carrie pulls her into a hug.
"Carrie, I have to know," Mia says as they walk past the twin's room. "Jackson called me Auntie Mia. Whose are they?" Carrie let's out a sigh as she watches Amelia and Jackson, peacefully sleeping.
"Not even Vince knows," Carrie says as she shakes her head. "But Mia, they're Jakob's." Mia looks at her in complete shock when she hears her brother's name. "Come on." Carrie and Mia walk over to Vince and Brian before joining them at the table.
"So, listen," Vince says as he looks at Brian and Mia. "There is a job coming up. I was hoping Dom was going to be here by now but this one is clean enough we can do it without him. It's a good gig. Couple of high-end cars, easy targets. Guy I know is putting together a team to swipe them. Just need a few more willing bodies."
"I don't know," Brian says as he looks at Mia, who frowns.
"Look, the way the car scene is down here we can unload them quick and get top dollar. It's easy money," Vince says before he looks between them. "And from where I'm sitting, it looks like you both could use the payday." Mia looks over at Brian to let him make the final decision, before he nods.