22.9

"Jakob," Otto, Jakob's business partner, says as Jakob walks off of the plane that had caught him when he escaped from Dom. "I simply cannot believe that magnet trick actually worked. It looked so damn cool. Look at this here. I got this off the cockpit feed. Oh, I love being rich."
"It was sloppy," Jakob corrects him as they walk through their base of operations. "He almost had me. She say anything?"
"Nope. Nada," Otto answers as he takes off his sunglasses. "You know, I look at her and I feel creeped out. And sort of turned on at the same time. Is that weird?" Jakob and Otto walk up to a laser perimeter before the lasers are turned off to reveal a glass box in the middle.
"Nice operation," Cipher says as Jakob and Otto walk up to the glass box that Cipher is in. "You snatched me off Mr. Nobody's plane midair without a scratch, and you took him down. Money well spent."
"Do you know who I am?" Jakob asks as Cipher looks over at him.
"I know who you are," Cipher answers him with a slight nod. "Do you? East LA is a tough enough place to grow up." Cipher begins to pace around the box with hopes that her words will have an affect on Jakob. "But it was your brother's shadow that turned you into this. Isn't it? So your whole life, you pushed yourself to be faster than Dom. Smarter than Dom. Stronger than Dom. Tell me, do you hate him enough that it keeps you up at night?" Cipher slightly smirks as she sees her words having a slight affect on Jakob. "Still? All these years later? I should've just hired you instead of coercing your brother a couple of years back."
"I don't work for the competition," Jakob says with a shake of his head.
"That's cute. You thinking you're the competition," Cipher says in a taunting manner.
"Says the woman in the box," Jakob retorts before pulling out the device that he had stolen from Dom and Letty. "Look familiar? The other half's hidden in one of the agency's thousands of vaults. I need you to find out which one. We secured the master drive here from Mr. Nobody's plane." Jakob slides the master drive into the box with a keyboard. "The rest of the hardware is a bit dated. Pre-Internet. To make sure you don't go hacking into anything we don't want you to."
"Say you get what you're after. A weapon so dangerous it shouldn't exist for another half century. What would you do with it? Launch some global attack? Sell it to the highest bidder?" Cipher questions him as she walks over to the master drive while looking at Jakob. "Or maybe you see yourself as a necessary shock to the system. I bet all you ever wanted was a hug."
"You read my psych eval. Good for you," Jakob says with a smirk.
"I read your second-grade report card," Cipher says as a smile graces her face. "That's what I do." Cipher pulls out the keyboard and master drive before she begins typing. "Your chin... it's distinctive. I know the Torettos have quite the mixed bloodlines, but I never detected a Nordic strain." Jakob looks at her slightly shocked, causing Cipher to smirk as she continues to type. "Though I wonder how your children turned out." Cipher looks at Jakob with a raised eyebrow while Jakob looks at her confused. "Finding the two halves of Project Aries is the easy part. Add in your brother Dom to the mix? You don't have a chance."
"Plans are in motion," Jakob tells her with a slight snicker since he believes that he can handle his brother.
"Qasar Khan," Cipher says as Jakob goes to walk away from her.
"What?" Jakob asks as he turns to look at Cipher, confused.
"Genghis Khan's little brother," Cipher answers as she looks at Jakob with a slight smirk. "Nobody's heard of him either." Jakob glares at her before walking away while Cipher winks at Otto, knowing that he would be her ticket out of there.

CASPIAN SEA

"Guys. We got a little company," Tej says as he walks down the stairs, causing Dom and Letty to look at him confused while Carrie and Mia follow him down the stairs. "Think you know these people."
"It's so good to see you," Letty says as she pulls Mia into a hug before hugging Carrie.
"I missed you," Carrie says as she hugs her back before pulling back while still holding Letty's hands. "Thank you."
"Of course," Letty tells her with a nod before Mia makes her way over to Dom with Carrie not far behind her.
"You should've told me," Mia says with a stern look while Dom tries to come to terms with both of them being there.
"They deserved to know," Letty says with a sigh while looking down. "Especially, Carrie."
"Jakob's my brother, too. I need to be here," Mia explains with a slight nod.
"You get involved here, you put everything you have at risk," Dom says as he looks between Mia, Carrie, and Letty. "Your kids and the whole world that you built."
"We're all risking something," Mia says as she shakes her head before grabbing Dom by his shoulders so that he will focus on her. "Dom, listen to me. My kids, Carrie's, and yours are in the safest hands possible."
"With Brian," Letty says with a smile.
"Our world's grown, Dom. I got this one," Mia tells Dom with a confident nod before he pulls her into a hug.
"Besides, I owe it to my kids to find their father," Carrie says with a smile before she hugs Dom.