19.6

TWO MONTHS LATER

TWO MONTHS LATER

Rome and Carrie walk out of the house with Rome carrying a plate of meat for the grill as he passes Han, who is sitting on the steps. Carrie hands Han a corona as she passes him with more beers in her hands.
"Don't burn it this time. Please?" Rome says as he walks over to Tej, who is manning the grill. Carrie joins them as she hands Tej a beer before she takes the rest of the beer to the table besides two. Brian and Mia walk pass Tej and Rome as Brian holds Jack. Carrie walks over to Dom and Letty, handing them each a beer.
"Good food," Brian tells Jack with a smile. "The air quality here is lousy, the traffic is bad, but I think you'll learn to like this place." Carrie walks over to the twins, who are attempting to play basketball. A sad smile comes to Carrie's face as she remembers playing basketball with Jesse and Vince. "Your cousins even live right across the street." Brian waves Jack's hand at Jackson, who waves back.
"Yeah," Mia says as they walk over to the garage. "And here you've got your own garage so you can build a car with Daddy."
"We'll be building a car?" Brian asks Jack.
"First car better be a Charger, Jack," Dom says from where he and Letty are standing in front of his car.
"You mean Skyline," Brian says as he looks over at them.
"Like I said, he's a Toretto," Dom says causing Letty to laugh.
"You're confusing the kid," Brian tells them before Dom and Letty start walking over to them.
"Mia, you're gonna let him get away with this?" Dom asks his sister with a smile.
"I think he'll build whatever car he can get his hands on," Carrie says with a shrug. "But that's because he's part Toretto."
"Oh, come on, Carrie," Brian says with a smile as he shakes his head. "I thought you would be on my side since you drive a skyline."

"You really going to do it? Tokyo?" Rome asks Han as he takes over the grill.
"Yeah, it's just something I gotta do," Han answers him before taking a drink of his beer.
"You know we got your back, whenever you need us," Tej tells him as Rome notices Hobbs and Elena.
"Hey, Mia, you better hide your baby oil," Rome says causing Carrie to smile and shake her head. "I'm just playing."
"You better hide that big ass forehead," Hobbs retorts causing Tej to spit out his beer and Carrie to laugh.
"I was just joking but whatever," Rome says offended. "Definitely not that funny."
"You're right, it was hilarious," Carrie says as she laughs causing Rome to glare at her.

"It's official," Hobbs says as he stands in front of Brian, Mia, Carrie, Letty, and Dom. "You're all free." Tej and Rome fist bump as Dom notices Elena behind Hobbs, who hands the file to Dom. "It wasn't half bad, having you work for me."
"We all know you were working for me, Hobbs," Dom says with a chuckle.
"Agree to disagree," Brian says causing them all to smile. "Thank you."
"Good luck," Hobbs tells him before Brian, Jack, and Mia go into the garage and Letty walks over to Elena. Carrie takes the twins inside to wash their hands while Dom talks to Elena.

"All right, everybody lets eat," Tej calls as he and Rome bring the food to the table while Carrie and the twins come back outside.
"Need some help with that?" Letty asks them.
"It's all here. It's done," Rome answers her as he sets down the last plate. Brian pulls out Mia's chair for her before she sits down with Jack. "Come on, man, lets get with it." Rome grabs a chip before taking a bite.
"First bite, he's got grace," Brian says as he points at Rome causing Carrie to smile as she sits down at her end of the table. "House rules, man. House rules."
"It's whatever," Rome says as he sits down beside Jackson.
"Any of this feel familiar to you?" Dom asks Letty as they watch everybody.
"No," Letty answers him. "But it feels like home."
"That's good enough for me," Dom tells her before he sits down. Carrie smiles as she looks around at everyone, glad that she still has people to call her family.
"All right, y'all. Come on, lets do this," Rome says as Letty sits in Dom's lap.
"Okay Roman," Dom says with a smile. "Bless our table." Everyone, who can, grabs hands as they bow their heads with Brian kissing Mia's hand a few times.

"Father, thank you for the gathering of friends. Father, we give thanks for all the choices we've made, because that's what makes us who we are. Let us forever cherish the loved ones we've lost along the way. Thank you for the lovely twins and the little angel, the newest additions to our family. Thank you for bringing Letty home. And most of all, thank you for fast cars."