13.5

The next day, Han tries the track.
"Close, but not enough," Gisele tells him as he gets out of his car.
"Dom, the window is too small, man," Han says as he turns to face Dom, who is working on a car. "Carrie is right. Only way we're going to beat the cameras is with invisible cars."
"And I know just where to get them," Dom says as he lowers the hood of the car they were working on. "Let's take a ride."

Gisele drives the van by the police station before Dom, Brian, Carrie, Han, and Rome climb on top of the van and over the fence. They each get into a car before driving off. Brian pulls up to a red light with Dom beside him and Carrie beside Dom.
"It's been a while since I've been behind the wheel of one of these," Brian says as he looks at the dashboard.
"First time I've ever been in the front seat," Dom says with a smirk, causing Brian to chuckle while Carrie nods in agreement. Han and Rome pull up on the other side of Brian.
"Hey, Rome, what took you so long?" Brian asks him in a teasing tone. "I thought for sure you'd be showing up with some chrome spinners or something."
"Real funny," Rome says with a chuckle before glaring at Brian. Rome then grabs the speaker before talking into it. "I got $100,000 that says I can take you all in the next quarter-mile."
"Yeah, your broke ass has got a hundred grand," Brian asks him.
"If we pull off this job, I will," Rome replies over the speaker. "The next two lights. Hundred thousand."
"We don't pull this job off, we're probably dead anyway," Han says as he looks at Brian, Carrie, and Dom. "Let's make it a million."
"I like that. All right, a million dollar quarter mile," Brian says with a smile as he knows the money will help him and Mia.
"All right then," Han says as he gets ready.
"You only live once. Lets do it," Rome agrees over the speaker.
"What do you say, Dom?" Brian asks him.
"We talking or we racing?" Dom asks him back.
"Hey, Dom," Brian says causing Dom to look at him. "Just don't cheat this time."
"Got to let that go," Dom says as he rolls his eyes with a smile. They all get ready for the light to turn green as they rev their engines. Rome takes off just before it turns green with his sirens blaring and lights flashing.
"Typical, Roman," Brian says with an eye roll as they chase after Rome.
"I'm going to get this money. I'm hungry," Rome cheers as he is in the lead. Brian gets beside Rome as there is parked cars on both sides of the streets.
"Don't make it too easy for me, boys," Carrie says as she slips between Brian and Rome, taking the lead with Dom right behind her. Han passes Rome, putting him in last place.
"Not this time, Dom," Brian says as he pulls up beside Dom and Carrie.
"You got to want it, Brian," Dom says as he looks to see Brian beside him. Han gets beside Dom with Rome getting beside Brian. Dom and Brian stay a little ahead of Carrie, Han, and Rome as they near the last light. Dom speeds up getting slightly in front of Brian, who speeds up. Dom lets off the throttle making it seem as though Brian had just passed him.
"Yeah! Owned you! Owned you!" Brian cheers as he wins before they return to the hideout. Brian gets out of his car as he smiles at Dom.
"Good race, O'Conner," Dom says as he walks away.
"Thanks, Dom," Brian says before turning to Carrie, Rome, and Han. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for that shit?" Rome smiles at him as they bro hug.
"I told you he didn't see it," Han says as he looks at Brian, who looks between Rome, Carrie, and Han confused.
"Your man right there?" Rome says as he motions to Dom. "He let off the throttle at the line. You didn't do nothing. He let you win."
"Bullshit," Brian says as Rome and Han start to walk away, causing him to frown.
"I don't know, Brian," Carrie says with a smirk while shrugging before walking away.

Mia and Carrie are at the market, the next morning, getting some food for the team

Mia and Carrie are at the market, the next morning, getting some food for the team. Carrie is grabbed from behind before she sees that it is Vince.
"V, what are you doing?" Carrie asks him panicked.
"Quiet! They've been tracking you," Vince tells her before they see two cars full of Reyes' men show up. Carrie stops fighting against Vince before he leads her and Mia away. They take him back to the hideout once they are sure it's safe. Rome is the first to see them as they walk in before turning to look at Brian, who notices them. Brian quickly puts down the air compressor before heading towards Vince.
"It's okay. Wait!" Mia says as she puts her hands on Brian's chest to stop him. "Reyes' guys were waiting for us at the market. Vince saved our lives." Carrie nods at Brian, because what Mia had said is true before noticing that Rome had walked over as well, ready to fight with Brian.
"You hungry?" Dom asks from where he and Han are looking at the blue prints.
"Yeah, sure," Vince answers him.
"Good. Because you're saying grace," Dom tells him with a small smirk.
"Thanks, Vince," Brian says before shaking his hand.

Dom is working on his charger as Tego and Santos argue while they cook. Brian sits at the computer with Mia in his lap as they keep an eye on the tracker. Gisele is off on her own as she cleans her guns. Carrie and Vince are quickly catching up. Tej, Rome, and Han are sitting together while enjoying some beers.
"Cheers. Cheers. Cheers," Rome says as he hits Tej's and Han's bottles before they all take a drink. "So, we in Brazil. It's the good life. So, you got $10 million coming. What are you going to do with your money?"
"Me?" Tej asks causing Rome to nod. "Actually, man, I been thinking about opening up a garage back home. Place where people can bring their cars and not get completely ripped off. You know what I mean?"
"Really?" Rome asks him, causing Tej to nod. "So, your dream is to start a day job? That's stupid. Like, why would..."
"No, it's not stupid at all," Tej tells him. "I love what I do."
"That don't make no sense to me," Rome says as Tego walks over to them.
"I know what I'm going to do with my money," Tego says before setting down some of the meat that is burnt. "Buying some cooking lessons for my man."
"See? See? There you go with that negativity, man," Santos says as he turns to look at him. "You know me. Money ain't a goddamn thing."
"It's going to take a little more than money to learn how to cook," Rome says as he picks up one of the burnt ribs.
"That's horrible," Tej says in agreement.
"But I heard they was looking for a chef down at this animal shelter," Rome jokes causing everyone to laugh. Vince and Carrie walk over to Dom.
"Hey, Dom," Vince says. "Listen uh, I know that you're all set for this job tomorrow, but if you need an extra man, I could..."
"You're in," Dom tells him before taking a drink of his beer. "There's always room for family."
"Thank you," Vince tells him.
"Let's get something to eat," Dom says as he grabs his button up shirt before pointing at his car. "Can you believe Mia calls this a curse?"
"They might be right," Vince says before they walk over to the others.

"We're less than 24 hours from the biggest celebration of our life," Rome says as he grabs some more beers before walking over to Brian, Mia, and Carrie, who had joined them. "Y'all need a refill. This is serious stuff."
"No, I'm good," Mia says as Rome tries to hand her one.
"Cheers, baby," Rome tries as Brian opens his beer.
"I'm good. No, thank you," Mia says as Brian and Rome tap their bottles together.
"No, she can't," Brian says in agreement.
"What do you mean?" Rome asks as he looks between them confused.
"She can't," Brian answers as Mia looks up at him with a smile on her face.
"What do you mean she can't? What is..." Rome asks before Brian rubs Mia's stomach. "Are you serious right now?"
"Yeah," Brian answers him. Carrie couldn't help but be a little jealous because she didn't get to have a moment like this with her family and Jakob when she found out that she was pregnant.
"Is that the reason you let him, beat you in the quarter mile?" Rome asks as he looks at Dom with a laugh before everyone starts walking over. "That was a baby gift."
"No, that's messed up," Brian argues with him. "No, you're not taking that from me."
"Wait, Wait, hold on a second," Tej says as he walks over. "So, did he just smack that ass or did he grab and hold on to it?" Everyone laughs as Mia feels her cheeks burn red before Gisele and Han walk over to hug and tell Brian and Mia congratulations.
"Baby gift, huh?" Brian asks as he walks over to Dom.
"I have no idea what they're talking about," Dom answers him with a sarcastic smile. "Toast!" Everyone gathers around as Brian wraps an arm around Mia, who cuddles into his side. "Money will come and go. We know that. But the most important thing in life will always be the people in this room. Right here. Right now. Salude, mi familia."
"Salude," Everyone says as they all touch their beers together.