44

"More than this..."

*******************
This book is supposed to be on Wattpad and Wattpad only.
***************

I waved at Siege solemnly as he allowed himself to be taken away by the time-travelers. He glanced back at me with an assuring smile as he let his thoughts run through his head.

"I miss you already."

He thought it with a smile on his face. I couldn't help but giggle at his words as shook my head at him.

I blinked and all three of them were gone. It was how Cindy and Prince traveled through time. They jumped within a flash of the eyes.

What in the WORLD were the time-travelers doing in the land of the Vixen? I had no idea. We stopped by a café to kill time before going to Club Demos and we came across the last people I thought I would see.

Cindy and Prince didn't were having coffee with Katie and some guy named Kendrick.

Cindy and Prince hopped up from their seats when they caught sight of us. Firmly stating they needed to steal Siege. I was hesitant to let him go. He didn't look excited about it either BUT if it was for the timeline continuum, or whatever the time-travelers blabbed about, THEN FINE.

After a long and sad goodbye. I spun myself around and jogged back to the entrance of the café. I gazed over the area of the place and spotted the people I was looking for.

Javan, Mia, and Jordan took their table not so far away from the couple. They seemed immersed in their conversation. I hesitated for a moment. Picking which table to go to. When I recalled that I hadn't seen Katie in MONTHS, I skipped over to her.

I maneuvered around the tables. Once I reached my destination, I plonked myself on the chair to face the pair.

Both of them looked good. I hadn't realised how young Katie was. She had her hair down in its natural waves. Her bright blue eyes were glowing. Her skin glowed and she had a huge smile on her face. She was kinda pretty too...

The man beside her had the opposite aura. I glanced at him only to have fear instilled in me.

He glared at me with his dark eyes. His dark hair was braided back into cornrows. His skin was dark. EVERYTHING about him was dark. Even the traditional robes he wore.

Even so, I could see why Katie would be bagging that. Perhaps if he wasn't sending me death glares I'd be appreciative of the face he was blessed with.

"Katie. Your boyfriend wants to kill me." I informed her as I glanced at her with concern etched over my face. She gave me a simple chuckle as she waved her hand at me dismissively.

"My husband is just a little overprotective." Katie put extra emphasis on the word husband. I noticed the hand she was waving was to show off the huge rock on her finger.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-?

WHAT HAD IT BEEN?

Around six months and she was MARRIED?

She glanced at him with a dreamy look on her face. Kendrick grunted wordlessly as he kept his eyes on me.

"Kendrick. Why are you GLARING at me? I'm the protagonist of this here story. I should be glaring at you." I spoke exactly what was on my mind as I narrowed my eyes at him to make him understand how shameful his actions were.

He simply grunted at me before leaning in closer to Katie to whisper something to her. Katie gave him a shrug before he nodded at her briefly.

He shot back up and gave me a wide smile. Everything about him visibly changed in an instant. His eyes were brighter. He was looking a whole lot cuter. He was just popping.

"Katie put me up to it. She's been playing the prank on everyone all day. The whole getting your husband to glare at everyone to intimidate them thing." He explained to me. When he spoke, the ground vibrated. His voice was octaves LOW. I could see how it would come naturally for him to come off as intimidating.

"You're the first person to address it straight off the bat. I'm not that much surprised." Katie spoke to me as she held a look of disappointment.

"Most people allowed Katie to change the subject with 'the marriage' talk." Kendrick further explained. He glanced at Katie to give her the sweetest little smile.

WHY WAS SIEGE GONE AGAIN?

"I'm quite self-centered. I don't like marveling at other's happiness." I stated with a shrug. Kendrick and Katie gave each other knowing looks. I narrowed my eyes at them.

Katie was the only person who allowed me to act like a brat. She made me feel normal. As if I was just a teenage girl. Shallow and incapable of perceiving broad concepts.

It was honestly the best thing.

"I see you haven't changed." Katie stated bluntly. Her eyes sparkled with humour. I hadn't seen her that happy a day in my life.

"I see you took my advice and got some." I retorted back with a smug smile on my face. I glanced at Kendrick as I gave him a proud smile. I raised my hand and held it up for him.

"Well done, my guy." I spoke to him as he happily gave me a high five.

"Don't entertain her." Katie spoke to her husband as she turned to him to give him a look of seriousness.

"Catch me up. How did this happen? Where's my aunt? Are the time travelers involved?" I questioned her as I allowed my heart rate to speed up.

"I don't know much myself. All I know is, your aunt almost got me killed but Kendrick saved me. Cindy and Princed helped us settle here but if you know them, you know that they don't say much about anything." Katie explained to me. It was as if all my questions were answered but not at the same time.

"Do you trust them?" I questioned her as my expressions turned to that of worry. It was strange to think of what they were and what they did.

How could we trust them? How could I trust them with my Siege?

"What else can I do?" She answered back with a shrug. She looked at me in the eyes and gave me a hopeful smile.

I wanted to try that.

Hope.

*****

Heyo, WUSSUP?

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Lot's of Love, Alimababes.