38

Gloria Gynor.

Did siege listen to Gloria Gynor?

That was the first thought that came into my head when ‘I will survive’ began to blast into my ears. The music sent me straight into groove mode. If Siege thought he was going to make me listen to music without dancing, he was mistaken. Then again, that may have been part of his plan.

He knew the one thing that could alter and fix my emotions was music.

As the piano start of the song played, I stood up with grace to be envied. My dome widener along with my movements. Siege stood up along with me. I glanced at him and gave him a nod. The plan was about to commence.

‘’At first, I was afraid, I was petrified.’’

The song played as the Dome began to disappear from top downward. It was slow for that beautiful cinematic effect.

‘’Kept thinking I couldn’t live without you by my side.’’

As the Dome was disappearing, I was creating a sort of invisible armour to protect the spots that would be incredibly painful to get hit. Something simple and easy to maintain.

‘’But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong.’’

I looked around to catch sight of Jess. She was standing closest to me with the biggest maniacal-looking arrow slinger. I blinked at her a couple of times before flashing her a smile. Her eyes narrowed at me.

We were surrounded by about thirty people. They all looked young, angry, and well equipped. I had no idea why they would bring such force on an innocent eighteen-year-old girl.

‘’And I grew strong and I learned how to get along.’’    

The moment the dome had disappeared, Siege lunged forward to get the easiest attack. He told me to turn away from him when I played. And so I did.

I moved my body to the rhythm of the music into a full dance. I closed my eyes for a moment. When I opened them again, I saw a few of them looking at me in confusion. Their arrows kept coming at me but I was well protected. Most of them kept their distance. At least they had that much sense.

I couldn’t see Jess before me so I assumed she was fighting with Siege.

I swayed to the beat as I built the walls of my creation. I had to focus all my energy on it. I had to make a house. The walls were the hardest to make. I wondered if they really couldn’t see it. The force I was building around at least fifteen of them. They looked so serious they almost made me think something serious was going on.

Weren’t we just having fun?

The back wall was formed beautifully. The side walls were a bit of a challenge. I built the front wall without window. When their arrows stopped before hitting me, they glanced at each other in confusion.

One of them jumped, they jumped so high that they almost made it over. My eyes widened as the song changed.

‘Love you like a love song’ by Selena Gomez began to play.

I quickly sealed off the house with a simple flat roof. The next person to try to jump was hit by the ceiling, they fell back to the ground with a thud.

I turned around to see Siege’s progress. Three of them were on the ground while another three were shooting arrows at Siege without mercy. Siege wasn’t bothered by it as he fought off Jess along with two others.

The four of them ran out of arrows, they were headed to fight me head-on. The rest were still hitting their arrows against my shield.

I felt my heartbeat with happiness as the song created a sort of mood. When was it ever a wrong time to like Siege? Looking at him was bringing a dreamy smile to my face as I stopped moving to the music for a moment.

Before the four could reach me, I tapped on the air pods, even I could tell that wasn’t the right moment to like Siege. The upbeat melody of the next song brought me back into my groove.

I turned to the four and gave them my full attention before blasting them with my remaining force. They flew in the air, head straight for my house. Before they hit the front wall, I opened it up for them to land inside. I sealed it up at quickly as they went inside.

‘Other Side’ from The Greatest Showman made me feel giddy as I went back to dancing to the music.

‘’Siege, I’m coming!’’ I called out to him without turning back. I focused my good vibes on shifting the house closer to where Siege was.

With resisting steps, my guests moved along with the house.

Fine!

It was more like a box of confinement but that was such a negative outlook of things.

I skipped back as I turned back to see how far away they were. He was a few steps away.

‘’Well it’s intriguing, but to go would cost me greatly.’’ I couldn’t help but sing along to the music as I moved along the house.

‘’So what percentage of the show would I be taking?’’ I knew singing was the only flaw I had. Otherwise, I was perfect. There were times, regardless of the situation, where I couldn’t help myself. I stopped moving when the heel of my foot bumped against a body.

‘’Fair enough, you’d want a piece of all the action. I’d give you seven, we could shake and make it happen.’’ AS I continued to sing, I skipped over the bodies that were laying on the ground to let them join the party.

‘’I wasn’t born this morning, eighteen would do just fine.’’ I turned around to see Siege fighting with the last of his spirit. There was one person left.

Jessica.

‘’Why not just go ahead and ask for nickels on the dime.’’  I fully turned myself around to focus on their fight. At any moment Siege was going to make his move.

‘’Fifteen.’’

‘’I’d do eight.’’

‘’Twelve.’’

‘’Maybe nine.’’

‘’Ten.‘’

In a second, Siege hooked his foot around Jess’ leg to make her topple. He didn’t hesitate to use the moment she lost her balance to hoist her up and toss her into the air. She flew towards the house I made at an alarming speed. I had to focus to open up the house at the right moment to make sure she landed inside. When she hit the ground, I sealed up the house once again.

Jess was quickly helped up by one of the guys on her team. I would have loved to gaze at the interaction but it was time to bounce.

I turned back to Siege who was already morphing for our last step. I watched him transform into his wolf form in an instant. I had no time to marvel at the creature before me. I rushed to him and hopped onto his back to ride off into the sun.

In our case, into the night.

It was nighttime.

It was when we were off the school grounds that I lost grip of the house I made. As we were riding, I felt myself slowly liking Siege less. Not in a bad way. I just meant that the love dust was giving me a break. When that happened, the situation dawned upon me. I was riding on Siege’s back. He was whimpering with every step as if he was in pain.

Why did I let him do all the fighting?!