36

This book is supposed to be on Wattpad and Wattpad only😁

*************
"I want to kill you but my heart won't allow my damn hands."

*************

Malume: uncle

*****************

"Do you...want to talk about it?" My uncle spoke the same words he did every time I would gaze into space. Probably because I would have a knife in my hands as I envisioned viciously ending that piece of unrecyclable trash called Siege.

I stabbed the raw steak, forgetting I wasn't human anymore. The plate broke and blood oozed onto the table, creating a little puddle. I reached out my hand to grab a straw from the holder we bought. We decided never to drink anything without straws a while ago.

I grabbed the metal in my hands and brought it to the mess. I placed the straw on the blood and began slurping shamelessly

My uncle continued to give a glance at me with concern.

It had been almost two weeks. I had discarded my phone and locked myself in my room as I wallowed in self-pity. My uncle helped me when I turned into 'that bitch', the one that hopelessly loved Siege. It was a good system we had going on.

Every so often, when I would regain my senses, I couldn't help but feel angered by Siege. It was beyond words. I WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE HIM AND HE HIT ME WITH A LOVE POTION? I TOLD him to be nice to me if he wanted to be with me. BUT NO, he wanted to hate my guts AND be with me.

It made no plausible sense.

Once I was done ridding the table of most of its blood, I turned my head up to glance at my uncle seated before me with a finished plate.

"When is the potion going to wear off?" I questioned. We went through it a million times. There was no way to do it. Every time I asked though, my uncle would give me a new piece of information.

"It never fully worked on you. Petty magic never does with powerful blood. Now, you're just conscious of your switch." He told me with a careful nod. He tilted his head as he gave me curious eyes.

He was invertedly telling me that I liked Siege without the spell. I wouldn't have stayed with him all that time if I didn't. Why didn't I see anything wrong with being with him when I switched back to my normal self? Why didn't I run for the hills like I planned to do before?

"Malume. Do you think I'll survive the Valedictorian service without switching?" I questioned him as my eyes turned panicked. The switches were lasting a whole lot longer now than I was aware of them. It was almost as if I could suppress the emotions if I was angry enough at Siege. The moment one good thought popped up of him and I was back in my dreamy doe-eyed self.

My uncle looked at me with a calm nod.

"He won't be there." He spoke out to me assuringly. He even added a little smile.

If I could, I would've dragged my uncle with me. Guardians we're allowed to come. My uncle hadn't stepped out of the house since he came. He told me he couldn't. All he said was 'It moves with him' or something as equally vague and weird.

I stopped trying to figure him out a long time ago.

"How can you be so confident?" I shot at him with narrowed eyes.

"He said he was going to give you space." My uncle reminded me. He was romanticizing Siege's words. Why was he making it hard to hate
Siege?

"Why are so calm about this? You should be as angry at Siege. Why aren't you angry at Siege?" I questioned my uncle as I looked at him suspiciously. Who was there to trust these days? My hands had no place to go but flat on the table at each side of the mess I made.

"Whatever he had to do, he could've done it but he didn't." My uncle spoke to me simply. My uncle tended to be over-forgiving. Some things just couldn't slide off the shiny table, malume.

My uncle gave me an expression that calmed me. I let out a small smile before I knew it.

"He did say that he chose me." I recalled with a little chuckle that escaped my lips with a sigh. Before I knew it, I was romanticizing it too.

"Have you switched?" My uncle leaned in with panic as he gave me a look of concern.

"I don't know. These days I can't tell!" I exclaimed as I gave myself a look of concern. My mood swings had been too hectic for me to handle. Who knew what was real and what wasn't?

My uncle leaned back and shook his head at me.

"I'm not mad at Siege but I don't approve of a relationship between you two." My uncle told me in a stern tone. Completely unlike him. He gazed into my eyes with a warning look.

"Why? I mean, I don't want one or whatever but...why?" The words came out to question my uncle before I could stop them.

"Your families would cause unimaginable destruction and pain to the two of you and everything you care about." He explained simply as if it was the obvious answer.

I narrowed my eyes at my uncle and gave him a careful nod. I supposed I couldn't imagine what my aunts' reaction would be at Siege when she found out he was a werewolf. Would that be enough reason to bitch about it, though? Siege did mention something about hating my bloodline and the whole evil runs in the blood speech. What did my family do to him?

"Jess called. She was to meet up after the ceremony." I informed my uncle. We were supposed to meet up for an ice cream movie night after the event. My uncle was also my only friend these days.

"Oh, the hunter? Be careful. I guess I won't be expecting you tonight. Try not to make it a blood bath." My uncle spoke to me as nonchalantly as ever as he reached forward to pick up the council of meat I didn't plan on eating anytime soon.

"What? How would you know that? You've never met Jess AND WHY DOES EVERYONE ASSUME I'M GOING TO FIGHT HUNTERS? I don't want to fight anybody." I was panicking once again as the words came out laced with every bit of concern.

"Oh, your aunt didn't allow me to visit but I checked in on you ever so often." He told me as he put the meat down on his plate. He looked up at me and gave me a simple smile.

I was taken away from him after the night of the full moon. He didn't explain it to me properly but Nick tried to fill in the blanks. He was entering a new century of his life. He would be granted new abilities but it would take some time to get used to them. My grandfather was a hybrid just like me. Therefore, my uncle had taken on the killer gene. He killed people on the full moon. He didn't know how long it would take for him to get used to his new abilities. He didn't know when it would be safe for me to stay with him.

It was comforting to know that he didn't forget about me. It was comforting to know that he was watching out for me.

But-

"Jess is a HUNTER?" I questioned him with eyes widened in shock. At that point, I knew what it entailed to be a Hunter. I understood how Jess was calm when I was chasing her, how she managed to run away from me and how she looked betrayed when she gazed at me.

"Yeah, she genuinely liked you though so I didn't interfere." My uncle explained with a shrug as he cut a piece of the meat before him.

What I was to expect from the meeting with Jess? I had no idea. I simply hoped for a chance to explain.

****************

The book is hopefully moving along. I realised mid-way that...nevermind. I forget I shouldn't spoilt stuff for the reader.

Hehe he.

It's fun to be in the know.