39

Looking into his deep grey eyes with flecked green shimmering was captivating me in ways I never knew possible. He was leaning against his bed rest. After the beating he got, the only thing I could get him in was his sweatpants. That wasn't me trying to admire him shirtless or anything, pshh.

He had a smile of contentment on his face. His hair was damp from the shower he came from, covering the bruise on his head slightly. He had a black eye forming on his right eye. His bottom lip was busted. His chest was decorated with bruising and scarring that prevented me from being a thirsty hoe.

I had no idea why looked incredibly hot at that moment. I didn't care if I was under a spell but the guy looking into my eyes happily was hot. I tried to feel guilty about him taking the beating instead of me. I could've sorted them out quick-quick but I was instructed to stay away.

I was facing him as I sat close beside him with my legs folded neatly. I couldn't help letting myself take in his beauty. I mean, I had been DEPRIVED of it for weeks. I was allowed to be hormonal.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot? You could've died AND I could've handled myself. This idiocy doesn't deserve my praise." I spoke to him bluntly as I narrowed my eyes at him. By the sheer fact that I was saying that I had switched to my saner side. I gave myself a proud smile for being able to control it even in such a situation.

We were both seated on his bed in the dimly lit room. The night light was the only source of light we had. It made the mood more somber.

"Hunter's don't play fair. Their weapons act to weaken your abilities. You were only planning on shielding yourself. You're new at is so they would've gotten through it easily. Then, they would just need one shot to knock you out. No matter how fast you are, you wouldn't have gotten past that many people." Siege spoke lowly, lazily, and slowly. He blinked his eyes a couple of times carefully before giving me a slanted smile.

"It didn't take that long for us to get back together again." I noted as I gave Siege a slow nod. My expression was serious. It was strictly business.

"We're back together?" Siege questioned me as he opted to give me a slanted smile. He tilted his head at me almost mockingly.

"Your hand interlinked with mine says so, Siege." I shot back at him daringly. Why was he making me feel defensive about it? He was the one who interlinked our hands and rested them on his lap. So WHY was he using that tone with me?

"I like the way you say my name." Siege let out in a low and can tone. He was giving me those knowing eyes. It reminded me of the first time we met. Thinking back to the moment on the roof, I realize I should've trusted my gut. The boy was trouble.

"I like the way you exist." I retorted back as I gave him a knowing smile back.

"I'm starting to appreciate your parents. They brought you into this world." He didn't hesitate to shoot back. Siege was quite the charmer. It was something that took me off guard every time. The boy had words.

"You win." I stated as I chuckled at his words. His smile widened as he watched me laugh. He blinked at me a couple of times. I wondered what he was thinking about.

"Kiss me."

I stopped chuckling to let out a scoff. I had come to terms with the fact that I could 'spike into his subconscious'. I couldn't do it to anybody else. It was our little thing.

I leaned forward and placed my lips on his without hesitation. I tried my best to be careful. When he let out a hum of pain, I pulled away and looked at him with narrowed eyes. I gave him a pout as I agonised over the thought of not being able to kiss him.