Thirteen

As much as I loved staring at strangers seated on the highly expensive couches my aunt owned, I had a party I was hosting and you left house guests alone for five seconds...

When I reached the living room, I  looked at the scene before me. They were all seated in their respective chairs.

Javan by the single chair and Mia by the three-seater. She was leaning against the armrest. Elbow on it and her head on her hand, looking like she didn't want to be there.

Siege was standing behind the single chair. Hands on top of it and an expression of seriousness. He was a complex being, something going on with him and I had the intention of finding out what.

When the two joined in on the tour, I instantly figured that there was something more to it than wanting sights of the house. They were good company but we could've gotten to know each other at the pool party, where those sorts of things were meant to happen.

"What's this about?" I didn't hesitate to question as I walked over to the two-seater and mimicked the position of Siege standing on the opposite side of the living room. I made sure to make my tone sound as nice as possible.

"We know about the death of your mother. How she died." Siege was the first to say. He looked at me with a gaze of interest.

At that point, I also figured that he didn't think I was a 'beautiful' host. He swindled me! For what reason, I was to find out.

I felt, like, so, like...hurt.

So, they were going to jump straight into it.

That made me gulp. I didn't enjoy indulging myself in that rather tormenting memory. I glanced at everyone in the room, their eyes were all on me. Each with their expression. Javan was looking at me intently, examining my every move. Mia had perked up from her position and seemed attentive to the situation. In a sense that she seemed on edge. Seige's prior vibes of attraction were gone, replaced with a cold indifferent front.

"Well, I hope you lose no sleep over the occurrence," I replied with a shrug. I had no idea how they knew or how they found out but it didn't bother me a single bit.

Lies.

I was starting to panic but I refused to let that show.

"We also know that you were there. We know why he killed her and-" Siege continued to speak, his tone was dripping urgency and a dab of repulsion. He was cut off mid-speech.

"Siege, calm down. Your monologue is freaking her out." Javan was quick to say.

I must have been making a face.

"What's going on?" I questioned the group. Why did they call me aside to tell me they knew my father murdered my mother? It was a truly strange thing to do.

"We know how you got that big ugly scar on your chest..." Siege continued to say. His tone remained cold and partly accusing.

No SHIT, I TOLD YOU MYSELF!

"He's using the royal we as if we rehearsed this." Mia spoke out, she was glaring at Seige as if to state she didn't agree with his tone.

I looked down at my chest. Right under my bra stood a gnarly mark that was all shiny and deformed. The same was on my back. The remnants of a traumatic childhood experience. Nothing out of the odd. Psh.

"A branch shanked me." I told him with a simple nod. When people asked me about it, I told them the truth. If they believed me or not was up to them. I needed to make sure we all had the same information.