One

"Life goes on..."

****************************

I had my eyes closed as I moved to the beat of Ariana Grande's song 34+35. I had a wide grin on my face as I let the music take over my movements and put on a show. The performance was playing out in an open space in my room. I was in my sleeping shirt with some cotton shorts underneath. My hair was in four braids oddly put on my head. I could feel the wooden floors through my fuzzy socks. If that wasn't description enough, one could tell that I looked gorgeous.

When I opened my eyes I turned back to skip over to Dixie who was lazily laying on my bed. I picked her up to join the party. With much protest, I was able to pick up my adorable little cat and move her to my dancing space. With her lightweight in my hands, I moved along to the music with her.

"Say hi, Dixie." I said to her as I held her up so that she could be given the camera. Right across me was my desk which had a laptop on a call. All three of my friends each had their own space on the screen to watch my performance.

Sharia was dancing along with me. Her light brown curls were moving wildly with her movements. She was in an oversized onesie that swallowed her whole. Her wide smile was sparkling as she moved to the music.

Jess was moving while she was seated on her chair. Her movements flowed comfortably with the rhythm of the music. Jess was already in full clothing during the early hours of the day. Her brown waves were in a high ponytail which gave a clear view of her slightly freckled skin. Her expression held a certainty. She was in her zone, in her element. All paired up with a smile.

Nick was being a moody with his headphones on, obscuring his blonde curls. He had his FAKE glasses over his baby blue eyes that had him convinced that he appeared 'serious'. The only thing that he did appear as was a wet blanket as his head was rested on his hand with his elbow on the table. He started at the screen stoically.

"Meow..." Dixie let out with little enthusiasm at my actions. She was wiggling from my hold. She was close to escaping.

Greetings came from the three on the screen, each with their own emotion. There was generally glee in the court.

Even in his trying to be serious, there were a few moments when Nick laced a silly smile on his face. I quickly instructed my laptop to take a screenshot. It was going to be my inspiration for my next art piece.

As soon as the song changed to another, I let Dixie jump out of my hands. I skipped over to my chair and place my bottom on it. Making myself comfortable, I lifted my legs onto the chair and rested them over the armrest. I looked back and Dixie was back on my bed with her eyes closed BUT I KNEW SHE WAS LISTENING.

I had music from my good mood playlist playing. It was background noise to set the mood. The mood of happiness. That was what I was trying to go for. Nothing but happiness!

I focused my attention back on my friends and watched as Sharia settled herself back onto her bed. As that was taking place, I quickly connected my phone to my laptop and sent the screenshot I had taken a few moments prior. When I was done with that, I gave my friends a bright smile and wiggled my eyebrows suggestively for no particular reason.

"She's way too optimistic. More so than usual, something's not right." Nick was the first to say as he looked directly into the camera with questioning eyes.

"I'm just looking forward to the holiday." I explained as the bright smile on my face didn't falter. It was true. In a month or so, we were headed into a week's break. During that time, Nick and Sharia would pop over and visit.

With those words, I pulled out my pencil case and sketch pad to ready myself to begin THE ART. I placed my phone with the screenshot on display beside my open sketchpad. I took out the needed utensils and began my fun. I made sure to spare a few glanced up at the crew to make sure I didn't miss the conversation.