chapter 21 {the promise}

*your pov*

you woke up and looked around you, this wasn't your room. you rolled over and saw Steve sleeping next to you. he looked cute when he was asleep. you sat up remembering everything that happened yesterday. you looked at your arms full of stitches and traced your fingers over them. "does it hurt" you heard Steve say, with his sexy morning voice that made you smile. "no" you replied "just thinking how stupid i was to do this to myself" you said laying down close to him. "I'm sorry if i scared you yesterday" you said softly looking up to him. "just promise me you'll come to me when you feel that way, instead of hurting yourself, okay?" "okay" you said back. "pinky promise?" Steve said to you sticking his finger out smiling at you, you looked at him confused. "this is what people do when they make a promise to each other" Steve said seeing your confused face. "you just stick your little finger our and hook it into the other persons finger, that's a pinky promise" he explained smiling at you. you hooked your finger in his smiling back at him. he then wrapped you in a hug. you just laid there peacefully in each other's arms. "shit, I promised to train with Wanda today" you said as you quickly got out of bed. "before you do that you need to eat something" Steve said to you "you didn't eat yesterday either, you can't train on an empty stomach". Steve climbed out bed to and kissed you before you got ready and walked downstairs.

as you walked in the kitchen everyone was looking at you, well at your arms. everyone except Bucky, who tried hard not to look at you at all. what was his deal you thought to yourself. "how are you feeling" Tony asked you walking towards you "I'm feeling fine dad, I'm sorry if i scared you, it was just.." "it's okay" Tony said hugging you. "Steve and i talked and we think it would be a good idea if you would talk to a therapist" he said as he let go off you. "okay" you answered, Tony smiled at you probably not thinking it was that easy to convince you. you ate your breakfast and then walked to the gym.

Wanda was already waiting for you in the gym. "good morning, are you ready" Wanda said looking at you with a little worry in her eyes. "yes i am" you said back. "okay" Wanda said "so what triggered your powers?" she asked a look on her face you couldn't place, like she already knew the answer to the question. "I uhhh, I don't know" you said, not wanting to tell her what triggered it the other night. "okay, than we begin with something simple today" she said as she began moving her hands. a red orb appeared in her hands.

"wow i didn't know you could do that Wanda" you said looking at the red orb flowing in her hands

"wow i didn't know you could do that Wanda" you said looking at the red orb flowing in her hands. "it took some time to control it" she said "but with time and practice, you can learn to control it too". she smiled at you as you just stared at the orb in her hands. "okay let's start" Wanda said as she let the orb disappear.

"close your eyes" you did as she said. "okay, now feel the electricity flowing through you, and send it towards your hands" she said calmly. you concentrated and felt the electricity flow through your body and you tried to send it towards your hands like Wanda said. after a minute or so you felt something tingle in your hands. "good hold it like that" you heard Wanda say "okay, now slowly open your eyes but keep concentrated". you opened your eyes, in your hands was a ball of electricity. "wow" you said smiling, proud of yourself. "okay now try to move it" Wanda said looking at your hands. you moved your hands a little but as soon as you did the electricity in your hands disappeared. "almost" Wanda said "let's try again". again there formed a ball of electricity in your hands but this time it grew bigger and bigger and you started to panic. "Wanda help" you said stressed out. "calm down y/n concentrate" Wanda said calmly. you closed your eyes concentrating on the feeling in your hands. you moved your hands closer together. "good concentrate, you're almost there" Wanda said. you opened your eyes and the ball of electricity was small again. "okay now try to move your hands slowly" Wanda said calmly. you did as Wanda said and slowly moving your hands as the ball of electricity followed your hands.