chapter 17 {power}

* your pov*

you woke up, having trouble opening your eyes because of the hard light. you finally opened your eyes and looked around you. you were in that cell again, the one you were in a month ago. realization slipped in "did i hurt someone again" you asked looking at Steve, Tony and fury, who stood before you. "no, you didn't hurt anyone" Steve said. "then why am i in here again?" you asked them confused. "y/n" tony began talking "did you know you have powers". "yes, i'm a super soldier, at least Steve told me i was". "you never had anything else happen to you?" tony asked "for example the electricity going out whenever you're around". you looked at you dad thinking hard about it. "well, electricity went out regularly at my apartment but i don't think it had anything to do with me, it was a really old building" you said. Tony looked at you, a look on his face you couldn't really place. "y/n you have powers" Fury said looking stern. "yes, I'm a super soldier" you said now irritated, you didn't really like Fury. "you can manipulate electricity" Fury said to you. "I think i would have noticed if i could do that, I don't have powers like that".

"yes you have y/n" Steve said looking into your worried eyes, he stepped closer to you. "I woke up from you screaming, when i looked over to you electricity was sparking off of you and at the same time all electricity went out" he said calmly, trying to let you not freak out about it. you let his words sink in, how could you have these powers and not know. "I like to ask you another thing y/n" Fury said "where were you 2 weeks ago?". "I was at my apartment" you said back confused. he looked at you like you were lying "can anyone confirm you were?" Fury asked you. "no, I was alone" you said looking to the ground. "okay we will see if you're telling the truth" he said walking away. "fury can she come out now" Steve yelled after Fury. "absolutely not" Fury said facing all of you. "why not, she doesn't hurt anyone" Tony said. "she is not coming out of that cell because she is a suspect now" Fury said wanting to walk away again. "a suspect for what?" Steve asked confused. "over the last 3 year 38 man have been killed, all with marks of electric shocks on their necks. it was always a mystery to us how they were killed because if they were killed by electricity that would have meant the electricity must have gone through the killer too, probably killing the killer too, but it was always just one body. no sign of the killer" Fury explained.

you looked at shock to your hands realizing the killer he was talking about might have been you. "she was controlled by hydra" Bucky spoke up "even if she did it, she was brainwashed by them". "then explain to me Barnes why the last body was found 2 weeks ago, and she wasn't at hydra anymore" he said pointing to you. he then left the room, the rest leaving quickly after him leaving you alone with Steve. fury's words echoed through your mind and you started to freak out. could you have done it, could you have killed all those men. you now were having a full panic attack. "y/n breath" Steve said trying to calm you down. "I can't" you said struggling to catch your breath. Steve walked to the door, ready to open it. "DON'T open the door!" you screamed at him, he looked confused at you. "I don't want to hurt you" you said looking at him, panic in your eyes. you started to freak out even more, when you thought about maybe hurting your friends, what if hydra was still in your head.

Steve opened the door, seeing you struggling to breath, he walked towards you. "your fine y/n just breath" he said. you backed away not wanting him to stand to close to you. you backed away from him as he stepped closer and closer to you until your back hit the wall. "please Steve, I don't want to hurt you" you said with tears in your eyes, scared you might hurt him. "you're not going to hurt me y/n, for all we know you didn't even do this, don't let Fury scare you" he said grabbing your hands rubbing them softly with his thumbs. "now breath" he said calmly, looking into your eyes. his touch and calmness calmed you down. he placed a soft kiss on your lips. "you're going to be fine, I believe in you" he smiled at you embracing you, you softly hugged him back, still a little scared that you might hurt him. "I'm gonna have a word with fury" he said as he let you go. you sensed a little anger in his voice, god you really liked this man, you thought to yourself. Steve gave you another kiss before leaving your cell and walking out of the room.

* steve's pov*

" Fury what's going on!" you said walking up to him now pissed off. "calm down rogers, were just trying to figure it out" fury said calmly. "now look at this" fury said showing you all a picture of a man in his 30's dead. the body looked burned but the only physical thing that was off about his body were 2 black hand pints around his neck, like he was strangled to death. "this man was killed 2 weeks ago" Fury said "at first sight you would say he was choked to death but he wasn't, he was electrocuted" . he then showed a series pictures of other dead bodies, around the same age, all men, and all with the 2 black handprints on their necks. "these are all the other murders with the same profile, they were killed in a time span of 3 years. and we can almost certainly say that they are all related" Fury said looking at all avengers. "and you think y/n did it?" Tony asked. "well stark, I can only name one person who could have left those marks and not die too, and who likes to strangle people" he said looking over at Bucky. "she isn't like that!" Bucky spoke up, clearly pissed of too "she would never do that!" he now yelled. "well Barnes you did a lot of killing for hydra, who says y/n couldn't" fury said back. "because she wasn't like that, she wasn't like me!" he said now angry. "she stays in that cell until we have more answers" fury said making himself clear to all of you. you saw Bucky getting more and more angry by the second. "come buck" you said to him walking out of the room.

"she would never do this Steve!'" he said now more sad than angry. "it's going to be okay buck" you said hoping it would calm him down. "how can you say that, everyone now thinks she's a killer". "not everyone" you said to him grabbing his hands who were shaking. "it's going to be okay buck" you say to him again seeing the hurt in his eyes, seeing he really cared about y/n.

"hey buck" you said when he had calmed down "we actually never talked about what she said that day". Bucky's eyes met yours. "were you 2, you know, together?" you asked him, dreading the answer a bit. "no we weren't" he answered, you felt a bit relieved. "we would occasionally meet up and just fuck to get out minds off of the pain and loneliness" he said with teary eyes. "you really care for her" you said to Bucky. "yes" he answered "she was the only one who was nice to me, even after everything i did that hurt her, she was the only one who could get them out of my head, she was so sweet and calm" he said staring to cry. "b-but ii i fucked it all up" he cried. "hey, it's okay" you said hugging him "you can make that connection with her again" you said to him. "she will never forgive me, all the fucked up shit i did" he cried. "I'm sure she will forgive you buck" you replied. "no you don't understand!" he said back "they made me watch, they m-made me watch while they raped her, and i couldn't do anything to help, they were in my head and i-i..". you hugged your friend tighter, the shit they both had to go though, no one deserved that and especially not them. "she will forgive you one day, I promise" you said to your best friend, meaning every word.