chapter 4 {super soldier}

you ran outside an sat on a bench near the avengers building. Steve came running up to you. "yeez, your fast" he said. "leave me alone" you said not looking at him. your hands were still shaking. Steve grabs your hands to calm you down but you pulled them away. "stay away from me, before i hurt you" you said looking down to your still shaking hands. "you're not gonna hurt me y/n" Steve said calmly. "well tell that to your friend Natasha" you said with a sad tone.

"I'm sorry Steve, I didn't mean to do that it just happened, something just came over me" you said calming down a little and your hands stopped shaking. "shouldn't you check on Natasha" you asked Steve. "Wanda is taking care of her, she is going to be fine, she just has some bruising around her neck". "she just has some bruising around her neck!" you screamed at him "I almost fucking killed her Steve!" "but you didn't" he said calmly. "if you weren't there i probably would have, why are you so calm about this i almost killed your friend" you said not understanding why he was so calm after what happened. "I am calm because i know it worked" he said looking at you. "that what worked" you asked. "you remember something" he said. you looked into his deep blue eyes now understanding why he wasn't so mad about it. the fighting worked, it helped you remember. "so what do you remember" he said looking at you waiting for an answer. you hesitated if you should tell him, could you really trust this man. as if he could read your mind he said "you can trust me". you looked into his eyes and for some reason you felt safe under them. "I remember the day i was taken" you say almost whispering. "can you tell me about it" Steve asked calmly. you told Steve you remembered being 16 and walking away from home, you told him about the guy you met who seemed nice at first but wasn't. you told Steve you remember being drugged and waking up in a cell at hydra, that you had to fight someone but you couldn't remember the name or what he looked like. you just remember a lot of fighting and this blue liquid being injected into you. "you're a super soldier too" Steve asked you. "a what ?" you said at him looking confused. "did that liquid made you feel stronger" he asked "I think so, yes" you said remembering how you felt after the injection. "then you're a super soldier, just like me" he said with a light smile on his face. "anything else you can remember" he asked. "there was this other thing, a person i remembered, I think i wa..,"ahhh" you grab your head as pain shoots thru it, it felt like the worst headache you ever had. "are you okay" Steve asked looking at you worried. "just this fucking headache". "you should really watch your language" Steve said jokingly. you laughed at his command "sorry i will try" you said still smiling which made you not feel your headache for a moment. "let's go inside, I think that was enough thinking for today" he said while helping you up from the bench. "why are you so nice to me" you asked Steve with an serious tone. "because even tho you don't, I believe in you" he said smiling at you. "when we rescued my friend from hydra he was the same as you, so i know deep down there is just a person wanting a normal life". he said in a serious tone.

you walked into the kitchen. you saw Natasha sitting on a chair with an icepack around her neck. you slowly walked up to her feeling ashamed and guilty for what you did to her. "I'm so sorry" you said almost whispering, looking down at your hands. "I'm fine" she said "I shouldn't have pushed you so hard to fight me, and i surly shouldn't have underestimated you" she said with an reassuring smile on her face. "at least tell me you remembered something" she asked hoping you would. "yes i remember some things" you said looking up at her. "good" Natasha said smiling at you. "next time you train with me" Steve said looking to you. "you think you can handle her" Natasha said jokingly making you smile. "well at least super soldier vs. super soldier is more fair" he said. " she's a super soldier too" Natasha asked surprised. "we think so" Steve answered "at least that would explain why she could ran so fast right now, and how she could beat the best assassin i know." "yeah sounds about right" Natasha said back.

a week flew by, every day you trained with Steve. you couldn't stop thinking about what he said that day, that he believed in you. he was so supportive of you, always reassuring you that you did alright. that was something you never had in your life, someone who actually cared for you. unfortunately you couldn't remember anything else since that day. but Steve kept saying that it will come back to you eventually. you became good friends with Steve, you even came up with an inside joke. Steve hated it when you used swear words, so when you did swear he would say 'language' which made both of you laugh every time. you also became good friends with Wanda, you came to learn that Wanda knew hydra too, they experimented on her, she made the choice to join them, which was way different than you and luckily for her she only was there for a short time. Natasha and you also became friend, she was doing better after what happened, your handprints were barely visible, it was almost completely healed. she forgave you for what you did, you didn't fully forgive yourself for it yet, but Natasha kept telling you it was okay, that she knew it wasn't really you that did it. you adjusted well to this new life, you liked the people around you but most importantly you trusted them, something that didn't came easy to you, but somehow these people managed to earn your trust.

is this what real happiness feels like you thought before you closed your eyes and fell asleep.