chapter 5 {the return}

*flashback*

you were 12 years old and sat in the car with your mom, when all of a sudden a man stood on the road. your mom hit the brakes hard trying not to hit the man. the car stopped just in time so it didn't hit the man on the road. you watched the man as he just stood there, he was dressed in all black with a mask covering almost his whole face. on his arm a red star and on his chest a symbol which looked like an octopus but with a skull instead of a normal head. your mom pushed the horn but the man didn't move. you could see that your mom was a bit nervous. she turned to you and said with an serious tone "whatever happens STAY IN THE CAR". your mom opened the door and looked at you "I love you y/n" she said as she kissed your forehead "stay in the car" she said as she got out. she walked up to the man and before you knew it the man pointed his gun at her. you screamed for help, you were helpless. you saw the man aiming before he pulled the trigger. you saw how your mom fell to the ground. the man looked you straight into your eyes and before you knew it he disappeared. you opened the car door and ran to your mom, you screamed for help when you saw all the blood pouring out of her. "no mom don't leave me" you screamed. "it's okay here" she said giving you her necklace. "this is gonna help you through hard times, keep it close". she said softly "take...care....of...your..........dad.......for....m". she closed her eyes laying lib on the road. "no mom wake up!" you didn't know what to do you were in the middle of nowhere all on your own. "mom wake up!" you screamed as loud as you could.

*end flashback*

"y/n wake up" you hear someone say. you wake up screaming and see Steve looking at you worried. you hug him tightly letting all your tears free. you just cried in the arms of the strong and sweet man. after a few seconds Steve asked "what happened". "m-my m-mom" you cry. "what happened to your mom" he asked stroking your hair softly. "do you remember her" he asked. "s-she w- w-was K-killed" you say "b-by h-hydra". Steve just holds you and let you cry saying it's alright as you slowly fall back asleep.

*steve's pov*

you wake up, your back is hurting. you fell asleep on the chair in y/n's room, you stayed to make sure you were there to comfort her if she had another nightmare. you looked over to her, she looked peaceful when she was sleeping. you stood up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. "morning Steve" Natasha said walking into the kitchen "morning Nat" you said back. "how's y/n" she asked "I heard her scream so i went to check on her but you were already there" Natasha said. "she remembered her mom" you told Natasha "I'm guessing it wasn't a nice memory than" Natasha said. "her mom was killed by hydra" you told nat. "oh shit" Natasha said. "I just hope she is feeling better when she wakes up" you said to Natasha. "you like her don't you" Natasha asked smirking at you. you didn't answer you just blushed a little because really you started to like y/n but you weren't ready to admit it yet. "where is the party at!" you and Natasha look over and see your friends walk into the kitchen. "hey how are you guys" you say to; Tony, Bruce, Thor and Clint. "where's Bucky?" you asked them. "he's taking some time off, something triggered his memories of his time at hydra and he said he needed some time to figure it out" Tony said. "speaking of hydra, how is that girl we rescued doing" Tony asked you. at that moment y/n walked into the kitchen looking at the man before her. "talk about the devil" Tony said "cap why is she out of her cell" he asked you. "she could be dangerous, we don't know her" he said a bit irritated at you, completely ignoring the fact y/n could hear everything he said. "well she isn't dangerous, she is doing really well actually" you said to Tony now irritated at him. you looked over at y/n who was looking at you a soft smile on her face when she heard your words, you smiled back at her reassuring everything was going to be okay. "NAT WHAT HAPPEND TO YOU!" Clint said looking at her neck. "it's nothing" Natasha said looking a bit guilty to you and y/n. "did SHE do this to you!" Tony yelled angry pointing at y/n.