My Mystery Man Chapter 10

(continuing Ariana’s POV)

February 12th 1800

Today was a very special day for me and my brother Gabriel. Today was the day the King was going to change us. We already knew this day was coming. The King and Queen De La Fuente raised us as their own.

My brother was 21 and I was 17 the day of the change. Our parents hosted a party after we had recuperated. I never felt so alive, I could things no human could ever do. It was the greatest feeling ever and the taste of human blood was so incredible I couldn’t get enough of it…

I dropped the journal after I read those last words it landed with a thud by my feet. Jason must have heard it because he walked back into the room.

“Querida?”

I looked at him eyes wide and backed away from him. He was a vampire, that’s why he could read my mind. He saw the journal, and picked it up.

“Is it true, Jason?”

“Yes” he said looking at me sadly.

“But I would never hurt you, querida”

“That’s why you never eat”

“I didn’t want you to find out this way”

“When would you have told me?”

“Soon it wasn’t exactly easy to tell you. I didn’t know how to tell you.”

“Is William a vampire too?”

“Yes querida that’s why I have to protect you?”

“Does he plan on killing me?”

He just looked at me,

“Answer me Jason, does he plan on killing me?”

“Yes querida

I didn’t know what to do or say. I kept thinking maybe its just a dream. I felt someone’s hands on mine I jerked away.

“Why are your hands cold?”

“It’s the only way I can survive outside when its very hot. I am a very unique vampire so is my brother. We both can regulate our body temperature”.

In a matter of seconds his hands started to get warm.