My Mystery Man Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Jasons POV

I looked around the cafeteria for Ariana, but I didn’t see her. Her friend Lexi was sitting by herself, poking at her food, her head down.

I wondered what had happened to Ariana.

“Hey Jason, have you seen Ariana?”

I heard from behind me, I turned to see Romeo, Arianas brother.

“No, we did have 1st period together, but after that I haven’t” I replied

“Well, okay. There is only one place she can go right now” he stated

“Really, where is that?” I asked

“The cemetery” he answered with a hint of sadness in his voice.

“Oh” was all I could manage to say.

I didn’t know what else to say, all I could do was look awkwardly around the cafeteria, obviously Romeo noticed because he said,

“Yeah, well, I gotta go get my lunch”

And with that he walked away from me.

I kept wondering why she had left school to go to the cemetery, but I didn’t want to read her thoughts.

Maybe I should go see her, I thought to myself.

But I acted on impulse and made my way, slowly to the cafeteria doors unseen.

It was raining once again, this was good weather for me. I walked briskly to my car. Once I was seated inside, I leaned my head on the steering wheel. I closed my eyes in concentration.

I could see her standing in front of someone’s tombstone. She was soaking wet and crying. I opened my eyes breaking the mind connection, and started my car.

I sped out of the parking lot, and drove to the cemetery as fast as I could. It took me at least 30 minutes to get there. I had last minute second thoughts, as to whether I should go to her, or not.

I let out a frustrated sigh, because I was having conflicting thoughts. But I got out of my car, a little hesitant. I wondered what she would think of me being her. I made my way slowly to her, I stood behind her.

“Ariana” I whispered

She turned around quickly to face me, hastily wiping her teary red eyes.

“Wh-What are you doing here, Jason?” she asked shivering.

“I didn’t see you at lunch, and Romeo told me where you might be, so I decided to come and see if you were okay” I answered honestly.

She just nodded her head, while I fought the urge to wrap my arms around her. So I just stood there with my arms at my side.

“I come here when I feel confused, or just to say what’s been going on in my life” she whispered after a long silence.

I remained quiet,

“Me and my dad had the best relationship in the world, I could go to him for anything. I loved him, and I hate that he’s gone.”

“I miss him so much” she said bursting into tears.

Her whole body was shaking, the only thing I could do to comfort her, was to wrap my arms around her.

I felt this deep wave of sadness wash over me, she woke so many feelings inside me, feelings that I thought I would never feel again. I knew that I would anything not to lose her.