𝟐𝟓 | 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 + 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

the walk to the restaurant isn't long, but long enough to ensure there isn't much silence.

juliet seems content, where she is right now.

silently walking and stealing looks at the boy next to her every chance she could get.

he was wearing his normal apparel, a bright colored, super detailed button up, pants and a belt that look like something kids in the nineties would wear, and his shoes.

the shoes that he's had for who knows how long.

juliet thinks he's got a weird attachment to them.

he does that.

one time, in class, she wasn't there,

there was an insect in the class, he said it was a butterfly, but it landed on him during math.

it stayed on him the whole hour, and once the class was over, the teacher asked him to bring the pretty thing outside.

he refused, as the usual stubborn fifth grader would do, and said he wanted to keep it because it reminded him of her.

juliet's pretty sure he thought she was dead.

but in the end, he had to let it go, he cried with juliet that night.

and yes, with, because juliet just can't seem to resist sympathizing with the poor sad boy.

and when he cries, she cries.

it's a cycle.

a weird one at that.

' we're here. '

tommaso's.

a new restaurant that had just opened in venice about a month ago.

ranboo remembered juliet pointing it out on their way to the beach, and he thought this would be a nice place for their first date.

and only date.

this can't go on.

it's going to hurt both of them in the end.

ranboo shrugs himself out of his thoughts and opens the wooden door for the pretty girl behind him.

neither of them were dressed formal, but they didn't care.

they weren't really formal people.

' ah! special dinner for the happy couple? ' the waiter says, speaking up randomly, startling the two teenagers.

' i- '

' yes, it's our two year anniversary. ' juliet replies sweetly, motioning for ranboo to take the hint and play along.

' oh well, a due year anniversary is big, yes? we make you a special desert? you can be our taste testers. '

this was a nice guy, they shouldn't play him.

but it's not really playing if they tip well, is it?

probably not.

' oh that'd be wonderful! right, '

juliet stops in her words, ranboo fearing what's going g to come next.