𝟎𝟒 | 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 ' 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 '

it's been a couple of days, the dark circles under juliet's eyes getting more prominent each day.

the sound of the front door opening downstairs is echoing through the slightly thin walls, faint voices are heard.

' che piacere vederti sofia! ' a female voice said.

' sofia, ' ' marcel. ' a calm male voice greeted.

juliet knew who they were, but she didn't want to get up.

as usual.

' ah ranboo! long time no see il ragazzo! '

' sir. ' ranboo said to juliet's dad, shaking his hand.

' i'll go get giulietta, stay here yeah? '

' oh uh, sure. '

what are ranboo and his family doing here?

why today? why now?

juliet could hear her dad stomp up the stairs and get closer to her room.

she moved from her spot on the windowsill to her door opening it before he could even knock.

' cuore mia? ranboo is downstairs. and even if he doesn't say it out loud, i think he'd like you to come talk to him. '

' i'll... ' juliet started and stopped to think about it.

she could go downstairs, start an awkward conversation with ranboo, eat whatever is for lunch, watch their parents swiftly speak to each other with no problems at all, or she could avoid everything and loop all too well on her record player.

judging by her dad's face, she thinks she'd rather participate in the first option.

' sure papà. '

' ah! fantastico! '

she liked seeing her dad happy. and she knew he missed ranboo.

they've always had this weird bond.

a bond where they would speak with their eyes and they understood eachother in that way more than juliet and ranboo did.

ranboo used to get this look from her dad, whenever her and ranboo were simply just spending time with eachother, or when juliet had her head on his oddly pointy shoulder.

she still doesn't know what that look meant.

as juliet makes her way down the stairs, the closer everyone's voice gets.

and there he is.

staring right at her.

in all his attractive, insanely tall, awkward looking but charming, glory.

juliet is always wondering what he's thinking about, he's as unreadable as a book that doesn't even open.

confusing example but completely true.

the smell of her mom's famous recipe floods her senses.

her mom called it ' un capolavoro '.

literally ' a masterpiece'

that doesn't make her conceited though, it tastes good.

ranboo's eyes twinkle, juliet's mind betrays her.

she missed looking at him. looking at him as much as she would like. not because she had a crush on him or something, but because,

she doesn't know anymore.

un capolavoro was ranboo's favorite meal to eat in juliet's home and juliet was convinced, that for a second, ranboo loved juliet's mom more than he loved juliet.

that's bestfriends for you.

family.

her and ranboo were, family. he was like a brother to her. even if he barely speaks to her now, they're still tied in the way they always will be. you cant throw away sixteen years for about four months.

' cara! bellissima, come here! ' ranboo's mom said to juliet, motioning her to walk her way.

' signora, ' juliet said with a smile while maria pulls in for a small hug.

' please, call me maria! it's been years! '

like two months, but okay.

' right. sorry, miss, '

maria eyes her a bit.

' maria. ' ranboo's dad said, putting his hand on the woman's waist.

' let her go, sì? i haven't seen her and ranboo speak in months. '

yeah well, tell that to your son.

speaking of ranboo, he's standing awkwardly in the dining room archway, anxiously running his hand through his hair.

it's actually quite charming when he does that. but if he ends up pulling hair out everytime he does it and is bald by the time he's twenty five, then it is one hundred percent his fault and juliet never told him that there was nothing wrong with it.

' hi. ' juliet said to him, walking over to where he was leaning into the doorway.

' hey, uh. didn't really have a choice to come here. mom said we needed to hangout with eachother. ' he said and gave her tight lipped smile.

of course.

why would juliet think otherwise? exactly, she wouldn't.

they both share a small, quiet, trying to fill the silence, laugh then turn their heads when juliet's mom announces the food is ready.

they haven't eaten together in four months.

the last time they ate together was when he stole something his mom cooked and they ate it on the roof.

he was different that night. juliet has never known why.

he wouldn't stop staring at her, for one.

and he would always interrupt himself.

he was weird, but it was the good weird.

it was cute, even.

your dear amazing cool hot writer

this is the most well thought out chapter i've ever written in my life my god

and yes i made ranboo and his family italian because after writing only the first chapter i realized i majorly based juliette off of myself

and i'm italian, french and american.

so basically, that's just- there's that

have a good day!

ti amo, j'taime, i love you, whatever you like