𝟏𝟑 | 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥

as they get back, they are both, again, completely soaked.

it's been raining a lot lately, but it's nice.

it's calming.

the shine of ranboo's porch light is now the only thing lighting the street, indicating that juliet's parents are either asleep or out somewhere.

ranboo decides to use this moment to his advantage and take the time to appreciate the girl in front of him.

her hair is cascading around her face, almost like a veil, he eyelashes are wet and sticking out more than they already do, the sweatshirt she was wearing that was a light green but now the sage green color has been drowned in water, causing it to become a dark green.

the outline of her lips has a small blue tint, indicating that she's cold, as they both are,

she's beautiful.

she always has been, she's just grown into it more now.

even though she doesn't know it, and probably won't let herself know it, she's great.

she's amazing, she's great, she's pretty, she's everything.

and ranboo wishes he could tell her that, because it all's true.

every single thing that makes her, her, is what makes him feel more and more allured to her each day.

her hair, her eyes,

' ranboo? ' juliet asks while delicately waving her hand through his eyeline.

' don't wanna ruin this little, staring contest that you've declared, but uh, i'm freezing and it's obvious that you are too? '

' oh right, yeah. sorry. '

' you alright? '

' yeah, mhm. just spaced out a little bit. '

' okay.. '

' do you want to um, come inside? '

' sure. that'd be nice. considering my arms feel like they're about to fall off. '

and there he is, looking at her again once she made that weird, was it a joke? he's pretty sure they're both to the point of getting a cold, but he didn't feel it as much as she did.

' any day now. ' juliet impatiently bounces on her heels, waiting for him to unlock the door.

he doesn't reply to that, just hastily unlocks the door and lets her inside the heated house.

' your clothes are all wet. ' he points out after a while of pure tranquility.

' so are yours. ' she follows back, now being more comfortable with the boy.

' i can get you new clothes, if you'd like. '

' sure, some that would fit me please. '

' that'd be a good choice, yeah? remember at school when you'd get cold, i'd give you an extra sweatshirt and you'd practically be swimming in it. '

' extra? oh really, i'm hurt ranboo. '

' what? if you were cold, that would've meant i would've been cold too. '

' we could've been cold together. '

ranboo tries to ignore how much her words sounded like ' we could've been together ' but he doesn't do a very good job at that and tries to swiftly change the subject.

which didn't work out, by the way.

' i'll get you some sweatpants and a sweater, okay? '

' okay. 'juliet says shortly, her eyes following his movements up the wooden stairs.

his house is like a safe space for her, like when something would go wrong where she was, she could stay the night with ranboo and it'd feel like everything was okay again.

he has that effect on people.

it wasn't until a little later that he's trailing down the steps towards her,

he's already changed, but it's not his everyday wear.

looks kind of like the same thing he's holding out in his hand.

' oh, are you trying to match with me ranboo? '

' shut up. ' he says playfully.

your super cool writer

hi hi hi hi hi

folklore is just ugh my anthem

anywaysss

ti amo <3