𝟏𝟐 | 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

the next few minutes are occupied with the sand crunching under their shoes and the soft breeze blowing the ocean, causing it to move at a faster pace.

the chill wasn't too bad, but it did make the two wish they'd worn warmer clothes.

' so, why the beach? ' juliet asks while staring out past the rocks at the shore, the water a light blue and fading to a dark blue as she looks further out.

' i don't actually know, it just felt right i guess. ' he answers after a short time of contemplating his reason.

he didn't really know, perse, he just thought she'd like it.

that's a lie, she hates the beach.

she's been around it her whole life and yeah she's never liked it.

she doesn't even like swimming, so when ranboo was swimming in the ocean she'd just be sitting in a boat with her record player, listening to a vinyl of her choice.

the water hitting their ankles is a surprise, they didn't think they walked that far out.

it was cold, as expected.

shells were washing up, fluorescent colors like purple and yellow stood out to the wet sand, giving the beach a nice glow.

they've been waking in silence, it was a comfortable silence, though.

neither of them felt like they had to talk, it was more of an opportunity than anything when juliet sees ranboo shy away from the water after about the twentieth time it'd washed up to his ankles.

' it's cold. ' he says.

' so? '

' you're the one who doesn't like the beach, why'd you even agree to this? '

' because it's you. '

and after that, it's silent again.

' sorry. ' juliet says with a small cough.

' it's alright, it happens. '

they've gotten used to the little slip ups, but neither of them had let themselves think about it.

' why are you walking so fast? ' he asks after he's noticed that she's almost speed walking.

' i'm dwelling on the delicacy of life, '

' huh? ' he's confused, they were awkward and silent earlier, but then something switched with her.

she's always confused him, but for the most part, he's found his way around it.

' there's not many times where it's calm here, but this, this feels surreal almost. '

a lot of things are feeling surreal at the moment.

like the fact that juliet is holding out her hand to him, gesturing for him to hold her hand.

is she crazy?

he reluctantly takes it, not wanting to ask too many questions and just ' dwell on the delicacy of life ' like she'd said.

the sky has been clouded over by a dark fog, meaning it's getting later and darker, and if they're not home before nine their parents might call the police.

' and we're- running? '

' come on, ranboo! we can't be late to dinner., '

' right? '

' i, yeah. '

' so pick your feet up. '

' they're up. ' he says, and then their off.

running manicley through the corridors of venice, drops of rain hitting their faces.

' it's raining! '

' obviously, ranboo! '

' i'm just saying! '

' of course you are. '

your dear super amazing write

next chapter might be cool though

j'taime :)