𝟐𝟒 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐲

not a lot surprises juliet.

like, for example, the world ending.

that's not surprising.

but she'd prefer the end of the world over whatever this is.

because ranboo's standing in front of her, with a, a dandelion? that he could have easily picked from his backyard.

it's, sweet?

but as he continues on with his incoherent rambling, he says something that juliet barely even catches a bit of.

' iwaswonderingifyoudliketogooutwithme? '

' you don't have too, i mean it could be a date, '

' butlikeisaidyoudonthaveto, we could just goasfriends, do youwanttodothat instead? '

' again, we dont- '

' ranboo i swear to god if you say i don't have to one more time, i literally won't go. '

' do you not want to go? ' there was a bit of hurt in his voice, it burned.

' no, of course i want to go, but you gotta get better at this. the next girl you ask out is going to run away if you do what you just did to me, you're lucky it was me. '

' the next? '

' yeah? what's wrong? '

' oh, no, nothing just misunderstood a bit. '

' oh. '

' yeah. '

' so are we going right now? '

' yeah, i made the reservation for, fifteen? minutes from now. '

' let's go. '

' i, yeah, yeah okay! that's great. '

' i mean, yeah. let's go. '

' idiot. '

the name causes ranboo to let out a breathy laugh, ' you call me that a lot. '

' because it applies, to, a lot. ' she says while motioning her finger around his frame.

' ouch. i'm hurt. '

' good. '

' it's only just down here, near the corner. '

' ah, not a far walk? '

' still don't have a car, so. '

' your dad is still working on it? '

' more like slacking, he said he'd fix it up, but it's not even close to finished yet. '

' we could do it? i mean, i could help you, could be fun. '

' are you trying to spend more time with me, juliet? '

' maybe i am. '

' so, ranboo, be honest, did my dad tell you to do this? '

the question makes ranboo almost stop in his steps.

well, her dad was the one who gave him the idea, but he genuinely wanted to take her out, so, really, who's telling him to do this?

to everyone who says listen to your heart and not your brain, they're probably some lovesick fools.

lovesick fools who will ignore every wrong thing just to be happy about the smallest right thing.

no offense.

' no, he didn't. all my idea. '

your dear cool writer

long chapter ahead woohoo

have a good day today :)

ti amo