s3 ; e24 - the divine move

━━━━━━ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
beacon hills, california
crying!

ISAAC AND CASSIOPEIA laid on her bed, the two of them at lost of words as they stared at the ceiling

They had been trying to find sleep but after what happened with Allison, they couldn't close their eyes without seeing her body laying motionless on the floor.

"She- she didn't deserve this"

Cassiopeia whispered in a shaky voice as Isaac tightened his grip on the girl's waist. "Should we go see Argent?", Isaac asked while looking down at his imprint.

Nodding her head, the brunette got out of her bed. They didn't bother getting changed, the two of them still wearing their bloody clothes as they got inside of Cassiopeia's Impala.

They drove to Argent's in silence, not bothering to start a conversation since they knew it would end in tears.

As soon as they got inside of Argent's apartment, Cassiopeia placed a hand on the man's shoulder. His teary eyes looking at the girl with so much pain it physically hurted her heart.

"I'm sorry", was all she was able to say before being pulled into a tight hug by the Argent man. Chris, who she had despised for so many years, was holding onto her like a life line.

Tears fell on her shoulder as she realized he was silently crying in her arms. Rubbing small circles on his back, the brunette mumbled some reassuring words to the hunter.

When Chris finally composed himself, even though his eyes were red and puffy, he and Isaac started talking.

Cassiopeia zoned out on their conversation, not even realizing they had left the living room to go in the garage.

"No. We can kill them"

"Get the box! We'll hold them off", Aiden shouted to Ethan and Derek. The three werewolves were in front of the school, trying to get the Oni's inside of the box made from the Nemeton.

Blood was dripping down from the twins mouth as an arrow flew straight into an Oni's chest.

The three former Alpha's looked up to see Cassiopeia standing next to Chris Argent and Isaac Lahey.

They watched as the Oni vanished into thin air in front of their eyes. The three blue eyed werewolves looked at the three others with confusion written all over their faces.

"What was that?"

"Silver", Chris spat as Cassiopeia gently smiled at his comment. Who would've thought that the thing able to kill an Oni was also capable of killing a werewolf?

"Isaac, the box! Get the triskelion box to Scott!"

Derek shouted as the Beta ran towards the box, grabbing it before running inside of the school.

"Let's get this show on the road, boys", Cassiopeia said before grabbing an Oni's arm, twisting it behind its back and pointing him towards Chris. The hunter didn't hesitate to shoot a silver arrow inside of the Oni's body.

Though as he shot the last arrow to the remaining Oni, it broke it in half with its sword.

"Get the arrow, it's the last one"

Aiden nodded his head, sliding on the floor and grabbing the arrow that had fallen at the Oni's feet. The former Alpha quickly planted it inside of its chest before watching it disappear.

"Aiden!", Cassiopeia and Ethan shouted as he pulled the sword from his chest. A loud howl escaped their lips as they both rushed towards the former Alpha.

His body hit the ground in a loud thud as Cassiopeia frantically scanned over his body. Noticing the hole in his stomach, making her gasp loudly.

"Aiden! Please! No! Aiden!"

She kept repeating over and over again as she laid his head on her lap. Gently stroking his hair, Cassiopeia let the tears run freely down her cheeks as Ethan held onto his twin's hand.

Tears streamed down all of their faces while Derek rubbed soft circles on the brunette's back. Even Chris had let a few tears slip down his usual stone cold face.

"Does it hurt you as much as it hurts me?", Aiden asked in a shaky tone as Cassiopeia bite her lip to try and stop a sob from leaving her mouth. "Yeah", Ethan whispered to his twin.

"Cas?", he asked while looking into his Alpha's eyes. His shining blue eyes flickering every now in then as she tried her best to give him a small smirk.

"Ye-yeah, it does"

Ethan and Cassiopeia both let out strangled sobs while hugging Aiden. Blood pooled down of his mouth as tears rolled down his cheeks.

She'd had seen him cry already but never like this. "It's okay...Lydia never believed I was one of the good guys anyways"

A pitiful laugh escaped Ethan's lips as Cassiopeia sadly smiled at her best friend. Pressing their foreheads against Aiden's, they listened to his heart slowing down before finally stopping.

A painful sob came out of both of their mouths as their heads laid on Aiden's chest. They both cried silently, holding onto their pack member's hand.

She didn't hear the other's coming out of the school, only feeling the emptiness inside of her heart. Losing Allison and then Aiden was like a painful slap in the face.

"She'll believe us", Cassiopeia breathed out before standing up. She watched as Ethan lifted Aiden's body up and bringing him towards Derek car.

She watched them drive away, her arms draped around herself as she let the tears run freely down her face.

An arm wrapped around her shoulders, pulling her closer to his chest as she sobbed in his shirt. Isaac stroked her hair slowly, letting her cry as much as she needed.

Even though he didn't like the twins that much, he knew how much they had meant to her and how much she cared for them.

"He's gone- he's fucking gone, Isaac"

She cried out as everyone watched the girl with a pained expression. They could literally hear her heart break into a million pieces as she tried to sob quietly.

"He's gone...."

• • •
i literally held onto my
tissue box because i was
crying so hard while
writing and watching this
episode