s3 ; e13 - anchors

━━━━━━ CHAPTER THREE
beacon hills, california

SHE WAS SITTING next to Isaac as the rest of the pack sat at a table outside of the school

SHE WAS SITTING next to Isaac as the rest of the pack sat at a table outside of the school. Cassiopeia still hadn't talked to Allison, her heart was still recovering from the trauma she had caused.

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?"

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?"

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?"

"They're all locked up because they're insane", Isaac as the brown haired girl next to him snorted at his comment. The two of them earning a harsh glare from Stiles who was trying to make sense of the situation.

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

"For half of my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me"

"Oh my god, are you still playing the trauma card?", Cassiopeia asked with an amused smirk on her face. Stiles and Isaac kept bickering as the pretty Asian from two days ago walked towards their table.

"Hi. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about-"

"Told you", she whispered towards Stiles who stuck his tongue out. "Ha. Ha"

"- and I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called bardo"

The Asian girl said as a lightbulb lit up Cassiopeia's head. The brown haired girl's eyes widened, how did she not make the realization before?

"It means in-between state", Cassiopeia said as the raven haired girl nodded her head, approving of what the werewolf was saying.

"It's the state between life and death"

"You're now my new best friend. What's your name?"

"Kira", Scott introduced her with a sweet smile as Cassiopeia patted a place next to her, shoving Isaac to the side slightly as he huffed in annoyance. Allison looked at her ex-boyfriend with a raised eyebrow. "She's in our History class"

"Yeah, yeah, we know Scotty"

"So are you talking bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?", Lydia asked with a skeptical expression on her face.