14. Getting down to bussiness

You wake up with a sigh. Not ready to face the day. Or more specifically, face Loki. You stretch and let out a groan. You're still tired but more sleep isn't going to help you with that.

You put on some sweats and put your hair up. You're not hungry, but you'll make some food any way. When you leave you're room, it is quiet. There is no one around and the kitchen is still untouched.

What time is it? You search for a clock. 5:40. Why the hell are you already awake? You decide to skip breakfast. You'd like to fall down on the couch and watch a show. However, if you want to feel awake today, you know you should do a quick morning workout. God that has been a while.

You shamble down to the gym. You start of slowly on the treadmill. You just walk, not speeding up the machine. After a while you decide to turn it up and you start to jog a little.

"Morning." a voice says flat.

You look around to see a tired and moody Steve.

"Hi." You give him a little smile, which lights him up a little.

"Didn't expect to find you here, especially so early in the morning." he says amused.

"I woke up and didn't realize it was so early. Thought I should work out to get a bit of energy."

"Good. Morning fitness is important."

"Sure" you say a little sarcastic.

Steve takes place on the treadmill next to yours. Immediately he starts of at a high pace.

"What are you trying to prove, Rogers?" you joke.

"Come on, Y/L/n, I know you have more in you than this tragic pace." He gives you a grin.

You know he is just trying to make you workout harder. However, you decide to give in anyway. You're curious how far he can push you with his training methods. You speed up the pace, running effortlessly.

After a few seconds his hand reaches for your screen and he increases the speed even more. Now you really have to work for it. Nearly 20 minutes later, sweat is dripping down your body.

You reach for your screen but Steve interrupts you

"Nah-ah, few more minutes. Come on you can do it."

You role your eyes and push through for a little longer.

"Gooood" praises Steve, letting you know you can slow down.

Gradually you slow down the machine, until it doesn't move anymore.

"Up for a little combat?" he asks.

You sigh. "Sure, not too intense please."

"I'll hold back." he grins.

You start of as attacker, Cap only defusing your moves. After a while you switch positions.

"Give me 30 push ups." he commands.

"I don't think so Cap, I'm done."

"You're done when I say you're done. Now give me 30 push ups."

You raise an eyebrow and drop down on the ground. At 25 your arms start to twitch.

"Come on, five more, you can do it."

You give 5 more and fall down flat on your chest, enjoying the cold floor.

"Am I done now?" you ask annoyed.

"Why? You want more?"

"No, I want to shower."

"Alright then, good work Y/n."