11. Big mess

Apparently you fell asleep the moment your head hit the pillow, because you're woken up by a knock on your door. You sit up straight, your body feels sore. You think this is the best night of sleep you have had in ages.

The knocking starts again.

"What?" you grunt with morning voice.

"Y/n?" A voice asks confused. "Sorry, forgot you weren't a morning person."

You grunt and step out of bed. You rub your eyes before opening the door. A wide awake Captain America is standing in front of you.

"I hate how much of a morning person you are." you say irritated.

Steve chuckles. "Sorry, I wanted to wake up Thor, see if he wanted to do a morning work out." The look on his face changes all of a sudden. Like he realized something.
"Did uhh.. did you guys sleep together?"

Your morning head doesn't quite understand the question. You notice Steve trying to peek inside your room.
Then it hits you.

"What? God Steve no. We just switched rooms." you smash the door in his face, annoyed by his assumptions and the fact to he woke you up from your deep sleep.

"Sorry!" he yells through the door.

"Just don't talk to me in the morning" you shout back.

For the first time you take Loki's room in. You notice his books on the shelves. You go past all his belongings and snoop through every drawer. He doesn't have much. You look out of the window, staring down at the steets of New York. Even though this is all a big mess, things finally seem normal again. Except for the fact that the rest of the avengers have no idea what's going on.

You go look for Steve and find him working out with Thor. You roll your eyes at their little competition.

"Morning boys"

"Morning" they both say short, completely focused on their tasks.

"Steve, I was wondering" you pause, wanting to get his full attention.

"Yeah?"

"Will the rest of the Avengers be gone for the rest of the week?"

"I think so. They all have things to do."

"And you don't." mocks Thor.

"I just have to wait for your disturbed brother to kill me." he responds.

"Adopted brother" Thor adds.

"About that" you start, "how are we going to do this, what's the plan?"

Cap stops exercising and dabs himself dry with a towel. "First breakfast, then we will come up with a plan."

"Does that mean that I won?" Thor asks childish.

This time Steve rolls his eyes.

"I won." Thor states giving you a reassuring look.

"Yeah Thor you won" you say unimpressed.

You watch as the men push a tremendous breakfast down their throats. You eat some scrambled eggs you made in the one clean pan you could find.

"About that mess" Steve says pointing at the huge amount of dishes you and Thor left behind, "you and Thor are going to clean that up after breakfast, right?"

"Right." you and Thor sigh out. 

"Good. O and the dishwasher is broken, so you have to do it by hand. I would call Tony, but he is a bit busy."

You and Thor share a deeply annoyed look.

"Fine, but can we please come up with a plan first, I don't think I'll have much energy after all those dishes."

But you all fall quiet. Not knowing where to start. Thor is about to make a suggestion when the elevator dings. You three turn your head to see Natasha walk out of the elevator.

"Nat!" you yell happy. She seems truly surprised by your presence.

"Y/n?" she says confused.

You stand up to give her a hug.

"Sit down Romanoff, we have a lot to discuss" says Steve.

You do most of the speaking and try to fill her in as much as possible. Sometimes Thor adds an unnecessary detail to join the conversation and Steve even made some passive aggressive additions to your story. Nat lifted her eyebrow a few times and is quiet by the time you finish your story.

"It seems like I've missed a lot."

"Yeah" you give her an uneasy smile. You had spilled all your lies and she hasn't really responded to that.

"So the plan is just to wait?" she asks.

"We don't really know what else to do." Thor answers.

"I see, well maybe we will come up with some better plan, during all the waiting."

That wasn't really something for Nat to say, she seems off her game. You're afraid all your lies might have hurt her more than you thought.

"Well Thor and I have dishes to do, sooo, I guess maybe we can train a bit in the afternoon? Prepare for the fight, maybe we can come up with some sort of ambush to surprise Loki while he is focused on Cap."

"Sounds good." Steve nods and with that everyone leaves the table.

The kitchen is kind of soaked when you and Thor are done with the dishes. You're still wearing Loki's t-shirt and if you're not careful Thor will see the outline of your nipples with how wet the shirt is.

"I'm gonna change and then we can head down to the gym, okay?"

"See you there, little woman. But uhh, don't you think Steve will be mad at the mess we made."

"Steve will always be mad" you say with a slight chuckle.

On your way to your own room, to get some of your own clothes, you pass Nat. Before you can start the conversation, she scans you up and down and says

"What the hell did you do?"

You chuckle as you look at your drenched state. "Dishes" you laugh. "I'm going to change into my own clothes, I see you downstairs right?"

"Yes." She is about to walk away but she turns around one more time "What do you mean your own clothes?"

You feel your cheeks burn a little. "I uhh, this umm is Loki's t-shirt."

A slight smirk forms in Nat's lips. "I see."

You pull Nat a little closer, which seems to surprise her.

"I slept in his room last night." you blur out. "And I went through all of his stuff." You don't know why you're saying this, but you always enjoy letting people in on your secrets, especially Nat.

Natasha chuckles. "You must really like him."

"I really missed you, Nat."

"I missed you too."

"Can I let you in on one more secret?"

She looks intrigued. "Sure."

"Steve kissed me. When I came by yesterday, alone. He kissed me, I pushed him away softly but immediately. But you can't ever bring this up okay, I don't want to embarrass him even more."

Natasha is quiet.

"Promise me Nat."

"Okay okay I promise. Why didn't you kiss him back?" She asked

"Come on, Nat. You know that's ancient history. I don't like him like that anymore."

"You like Loki." She teases.

You can't help but smile a little.

Nat looks one more time at your wet clothes and heads downstairs.