Chapter Eleven: The internet

So, I've started racing in Sugar Rush again. Taffyta has been away from the races because of what she did to me. But she'll be back. I don't doubt that. I've started to open up about my walking up the walls and ceiling ability to the players and they love the ability but I only let them use it once to make it fair. I don't want to cheat. When I'm not racing, I go to Pac-Man to talk with the bad guy characters. I'm surprised Mary doesn't go there. But it seems they have it worse than I did.

They're all actually really nice but everyone just treats them like villains outside of the game. They're just doing their job. It's not like they're always like this. But I'm still a background Chimney Sweep so I can't do anything about it. I still go to Tappers with Candy for our regular singing for the night while the other characters drink and enjoy. That's probably the only exciting thing to look forward to now. But Candy loves it and I'm happy to make him happy. At the moment, we're not at Tappers doing our normal sing-song night.

We're talking on a bench outside where my game used to be. The light that comes from the empty plug is nice. But the light disappeared. A new game is getting plugged in! Everyone came over to see what this new game is. But we didn't know what it was when it was plugged in. It said 'WiFi'. Sonic explained that it was the internet. The thing that has all the information in the world, online games, social media, and much more. I think I found a new adventure for Candy and me to go on. But the Surge Protector told us we weren't allowed to go in because it was new and different so we should be scared. Well, I'm not scared. I'm curious. Everyone left after danger tape was put on the entrance.

"A new place is plugged in and we're not allowed to explore," I said

"Perhapth he'th right. I know you talked about worldth like we've never imagined but what if they're more dangerouth than we think?" Candy asked.

"Where's your sense of adventure? When I told you about those worlds, you were so excited to see these worlds one day. Well, the internet is our ticket to those worlds if you would just give it a chance."

"And I don't want you to do thomething wrong in the internet that might get you killed and I won't have that happen when I jutht thaved you from being unplugged almotht a year and a half ago."

"Would you please stop mentioning that? It's in the past. You said that yourself! Besides, I want to go on a real adventure with you. I promised myself I would someday and this is the perfect opportunity!"

"I'm not breaking the ruleth tho we can go on an adventure that can get uth killed and I don't want to lothe you becauthe you're the firtht betht friend and I don't want to lothe what we have in a world we know nothing about. I'm thorry, (Y/N) but I won't be joining you. It'th opening time. Let'th go to Thugar Rush. We'll talk more later just not now."

Before you say I'm being selfish, Candy and I have talked about seeing new worlds since I first talked about it. I understand he's scared but I want to do this for us. I followed him back to Sugar Rush where we raced all day as usual. I really want to go to the Internet just to see at least some of the worlds I talked about. I just don't want to go without Candy. It would just feel wrong. And besides, if I was scared of visiting new games, new worlds, we wouldn't have met and who knows where we'd be today.

I want to repay him for all the things he's done for me. It's only right. But it seems like nothing I say will convince him to follow me. After the Random Roster Race, Candy and I went back to the castle. He left to do something while I went to my room to get out of my racing outfit so I can fit in. I became a Chimney Sweep again. I'm going to try and convince Candy to go on this adventure with me. If it fails, I'll go on my own and he'll most likely follow me to make sure I don't get into any trouble. I waited in the throne room where I sat in the driver's seat of his cart. He did arrive eventually and saw me.

"It'th thtill a no, (Y/N)," Candy said

"I didn't even say anything," I said

"But I know how you think and I thay no. I don't want either of uth hurt in a world we don't know. I'm doing thith for the both of uth."

"So am I. Since the day we met," I jumped out of the cart, "you've wanted to go on an adventure with me to the worlds I talked about. The internet is the place to go to see it all. Please."

"And what if we don't come back? We're both playable characterth for tomorrowth game tho, if we don't come back, the playerth will think our game ith broken and we'll be unplugged for good. And I'm not thinking of mythelf. I'm thinking of the people who live here and uth. I want everyone to have a home and I don't want you lothing another. Lithten to me. We thouldn't go."

"It's a bank holiday tomorrow so we have time to see everything. One day is all I ask and we'll never go back, I promise. Please?"

Candy was quiet. He knows I'm right. I can see it in his eyes.

"A day won't last and I want this for us. One adventure and I'll leave it alone," I said 'I have often dreamed of a far-off place where a great, warm welcome will be waiting for me. Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face and a voice keeps saying, "this is where I'm meant to be".'

'We will find our way. We can go the distance/dithtance. We'll be there someday/thomeday if we can be strong/thtrong. We know every mile will be worth our while. I would go most anywhere to feel like I belong,' We said.

"Alright. One day. Let'th go," Candy said smiling

I smiled and gave him a hug. We went to Game Central Station and headed for the internet. But Surge was guarding it. Oh, lovely. Well, I have a plan. I told Surge about a problem that wasn't real but he thought it was and left. Perfect. We entered the internet. But it was by floating disks instead of a train. We stepped on the same one and waited to be taken inside. We went up and arrived. Okay, not as impressive as I thought it was. There's nothing here! I feel played. All my talk of hundreds of worlds to explore and there's nothing here!

But something did happen. Everything that was in the room turned green. What's it for? On a platform in the center of the room, a laser shot down and a person appeared. It was Litwak but he was our size. I don't think he can see us. He walked down the catwalk, away from the platform, where he stepped on something, and a pod formed around him. A door opened and took him away. I think the Internet is in there. I dragged Candy over to where Litwak went and a pod appeared around us. It shot us through the door and we were traveling quickly away from the arcade.

After a while of fast travel, we arrived. Okay, this place was bigger than I thought it was going to be! There's so much to see and explore! We arrived in, I'm guessing, the main area where everything was color-coded and there were so many people who were our size. We're definitely not in the arcade anymore. Excited, I took Candy's hand and ran out to a random area where we could see everything this place had to offer. I can't wait to see it all! I looked at Candy who was equally excited.

'We are on our way! We can go the distance/dithtance. I don't care how far. Somehow/Thomehow we'll be strong. We know every mile will be worth our while. I would go most anywhere to find where we belong!'

(Sorry this took so long to upload. I was lacking ideas. Marchergirl2006 suggested the idea of them going to the internet. See you next chapter)