Chapter Three: Spending time with him

Another day of no one playing our game. It's getting ridiculous now. I decided to stay this time because I was writing to myself. I can get lonely in my flat so I just write letters to myself. They don't mean anything. Just giving myself the motivation to do something good today. I'm still waiting for King Candy to tell me if I'm ever allowed back in Sugar Rush but I would very much doubt it. After writing my letter, I left the game to Game Central Station.

Everything seemed cheerful. That was until I saw someone who is very much hated. Turbo. All because he did what I do on a daily basis. But I never take over the games like he tried to with Roadblasters. I decided to ignore him and sit on a bench to continue my letter. It was positive but then I changed it. Who am I kidding? I've been trying to keep positive but it's no use. There's nothing positive about being hated for trying to have fun. I finished the letter and just started to walk around. Until I bumped into Turbo.

"Watch it, will you!" Turbo said mad.

"Apologise, Gov'nor. I wasn't payin' attention," I said.

Turbo left. What's eating at him today? We haven't met until now so that was strange. I turned around to see a face coming out of Sugar Rush that I've been wanting to see.

"Ooh! (Y/N)! There you are!" King Candy said smiling.

"Hello again," I said smiling.

"Tho, I've given it thome thought and I'm letting you vithit Thugar Ruth any time you like!"

"Wait, really?"

"Yeth! Any time! Jutht Thtay away from the trackth. For your thafty and everyone elthes."

"You have my word," I smiled and bowed a little, "so, do you mind if I call you Candy?"

"Not at all, my dear. Whatever you're comfortable with."

Candy then offered to give me a tour of Sugar Rush. I mean, I've explored a few places while I was there but a tour from the King? How could I say no? He excitedly took me into the game and showed me around. This game is bigger than I thought. And finally, he gave me a tour of his castle. I asked why all the pink but he told me it was salmon. I mean, I guess you can call it that.

But other than the insane amount of salmon, this is one beautiful castle. I'm getting used to his lisp too. It's kinda cute. After the tour, he took me to the throne room to just talk and enjoy each other's company. He loved talking with me and just listening to the stories I have to tell. I have been around longer than him.

"Tho, do you game jump all the time?" Candy asked.

I hummed a yes, "all the time. But honestly, it's not as bad as people make it sound. You can see so many different worlds game jumping."

"Can you tell me what kind of worldth there are? And what they're like?"

That's when my code started to work. Time to sing about it. Because of the music that started playing, Candy was confused but went with it.

'There are worlds like you've never imagined. An immeasurable amount. I've heard stories of places, such breathtaking spaces with wonders you could not count. There are worlds that you've never dreamed of and we'll find one that's perfect for you. And chances are that you will go far in the one you are called to. So far out of your world, there's a place you're meant to be. Sometimes it takes a step of faith to realise you're free. Step out of your world to go where you belong. Take the chance and you could find something you've been missing all along.'

"That sounds amazing!" Candy said smiling.

"Wanna know more?" I asked smiling.

Candy nodded like an excited child. I chuckled and continued.

'There are worlds beyond what you have known yet the variety is vast. If you went to a new world as each new day unfold you'd still never reach the last. There are worlds that you've never dreamed of and there is one that is waiting for you. Think what you'll see, desire you'll be in the one you are called to. So far out of your world, there's a place you're meant to go. Sometimes it takes a step unknown before you're sure you know. Step out of your world to go where you belong. Take a chance, and you could find what you have been missing all along!'

'There are worlds where they live underwater, a world's where technologies grow! You can live on the moon! And I heard of a world where there is no gravity you can jump really high! Apparently, it's fun. There's a world that's a desert and a world where it always rains. And there's a world where the animals rule! But you probably won't go there. Slightly strange people go there.'

'But also, there are worlds just like where you come from. Worlds not too far from your own. But wherever you go, I want you to know it will be all you home. So far from your world there is a place that's meant for you. Sometimes it takes the thing you fear to force you to go through. Step out of your world and go where you belong. Take a chance, and you could find. Take a chance, I know that you will find what you have been missing all along!'

Well, I think he enjoyed that. But he did ask about the whole singing thing. That's when I opened up about my broken code and how it's like a virus that can spread to other characters as long as I'm in the game. And usually the reason people want me to leave their games. And I asked if because of my code, he wants me gone. But no. He still wants me to visit Sugar Rush. I think he has a soft spot for me. Well, I have one for him too so I can't complain. Soon it was time for the arcade to open again. So, after a handshake for good luck, we parted ways until later.