Into the silver screen

"Guys! Hey guys!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, nearly tripping on the carpet and breaking the DVD in her hands. "Guess what I found!"

"Oh, brother, we're not doing this again," Rainbow Dash sighed. 

Both Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle shared a look of confusion.

"Doing what again?" Sunset asked. 

"Every year around this time, Pinkie begins her annual 'Let's have a Barbie movie marathon' campaign," Rainbow Dash explained. "She made me watch one about two days before we went to camp and it was the weirdest thing I ever watched."

"And how exactly was it weird?" Twilight asked. 

"The entire thing was solved with a huge choreographed dance number," Rainbow Dash explained. 

"Says the one who thinks a sentient cucumber predicting memes is brilliant," Sunset pointed out. 

"Howdy, y'all!" Applejack and Fluttershy stepped into Pinkie's house, where they had all agreed to hang out. "Sorry we're late. Fluttershy was helping the animals and Rarity and I agreed to help out, and Rarity... well..."

That's when Rarity entered through the door, obviously having a meltdown because a lock of hair had de-curled. 

"It looks horrible!" she whined, rushing past the girls. "Just give me some time to fix this!"

"Mr. Puppy just wanted to play," Fluttershy explained, then noticed Pinkie and the DVD. "Oh, she started that again, didn't she?"

"Pinkie, how many times do we have to tell you that we don't wanna watch this?" Applejack rolled her eyes. "I mean, it's a girl our age where everything goes right for her!"

"Literally everything she does in a nutshell," Rainbow Dash added, and she and Applejack high-fived. Those two did get along pretty well, despite the fact that they also always competed to see who was the better of the duo... and they always tied. 

"You guys just need to give Barbie a chance!" Pinkie huffed, pulling a chocolate chunk cookie out of her hair and stuffing it into her mouth. "Besides, this is a classic!"

Sunset took the DVD and read the back cover. 

"It doesn't seem too terrible..." she said. 

"You're giving in to the sparkles and singing?" Rainbow Dash jumped. 

"Well, maybe Pinkie's right," Twilight said. "We should probably see this and if we like it, we'll keep going. If we don't like it, then we won't do it. Do we all agree to that?" 

The girls exchanged glances. 

"I agree," Pinkie said, and she hopped over to the TV as Rarity came back into the room.

"Sorry, I had to fix that disaster really quickly," she said. "Anyways, what are we doi--all right, who agreed to this?"

"I'm assuming we all did," Rainbow Dash fiddled with the aglet on her shoe (which she only knew thanks to the week she spent binge-watching Phineas and Ferb instead of working on her science fair project). 

So the girls got settled and started watching Barbie in the Nutcracker... 

Then things got strange as the scene transitioned from Barbie telling a story to the actual story itself. 

"Woah," Rainbow Dash stared at her geode, with was glowing, which normally didn't happen. She looked around and saw her friends' geodes were glowing as well. 

And the TV was frozen. 

"Is this good or bad?" Twilight asked as a stream of violet energy shot out of her geode and started sucking into the TV. 

"What the..." Sunset said as scarlet energy from her geode did the exact same thing. As did the other five geodes. 

"GAH!" Applejack exclaimed, and they all turned to see her hands turning into the orange energy flowing out of her geode. "What in the hay is happening right now?"

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Rarity screamed as she turned into her geode's magic and disappeared into the TV. 

"Rarity!" Applejack cried as she got sucked in as well. 

"This isn't scientifically possible!" Twilight warbled as she disappeared. 

"WHEE!" Pinkie exclaimed in delight as she transformed into pink magic and got slurped in, Fluttershy following suit, only her magic was yellow. 

Rainbow Dash and Sunset looked at each other. 

"If I die, don't forget me!" Sunset cried as she started turning scarlet. 

"No you're not!" Rainbow Dash took Sunset by the hand that wasn't transforming into blue. "DON'T TAKE MY FRIENDS, YOU STINKING TV!"

But they were both slurped into the silver screen.