New friends

The Nutcracker, Clara, and the Equestria Girls kept walking until they stopped at a deserted village made of gingerbread. The entire place looked like it had been destroyed. 

"No doubt that the Mouse King has been here," the Nutcracker said. 

Clara turned and saw a small doll in the snow, gently picking it up. 

That's when they saw the horse in the stable. When they went to see it, though, it whinnied and stepped back. 

"It's okay," Clara said. "We won't hurt you."

"Gah!" Twilight cried as a snowball hit her in the face. "Not again! I don't wanna be hit by snow again!"

Another snowball hit Clara in the back, and another hit Rainbow Dash in the arm. 

"Okay, that's it!" she dove to the ground and started forming her own snowballs. "I've got some snowballs and I'm not afraid to use 'em!"

That's when two children stepped from behind a broken fence, still throwing snowballs. Rainbow Dash threw hers back using her super speed, and they were shocked and tried to hide as the Nutcracker laughed. 

"They won't hurt us, miss," he said. 

"Hitting someone with a snowball means war to her no matter who threw it," Sunset said. "It's like Pinkie Pie. This is Rainbow Dash, and we don't question it."

"They're just children," he pressed as a snowball knocked off his hat. "With very good aim."

"Wait!" Clara exclaimed as Rainbow Dash hit the boy in the face with a snowball. "Is this yours?"

She held out the doll, and the little girl gasped. 

"Patty!" she exclaimed, running up to Clara and taking back the doll. 

"Are you kidding me?" Rainbow Dash dropped the snowballs in her arms and crossed her arms. "I was just about to win this!"

"What happened?" the nutcracker asked the girl. "Who are you?"

"I'm Peppermint, and this is my brother, Gingerbread," the girl said (Rainbow Dash snickered before Twilight kicked her in the leg). "We were going with Marzipan to collect Candleberries..."

"And we came back, and everything..." Gingerbread cut in. 

"And everyone," Peppermint added. 

"Were gone!" Gingerbread cried. 

"It was the Mouse King's army!" Peppermint explained. 

"This is all Prince Eric's fault!" Gingerbread huffed. 

The Nutcracker tensed at the name. 

"Another ten bucks says that he's Prince Eric," Rainbow Dash whispered, and Sunset agreed. 

"Who's Prince Eric?" Fluttershy peeped. 

"He's the son of the king who used to rule around here, but he really wasn't doing a good job at being a prince, so the king left the power to his royal advisor, who so happens to be the Mouse King," Pinkie said, and both the little kids gaped at. 

"How did you know that?" Peppermint gasped. 

"Just a hunch," Pinkie shrugged. 

"Well, we're better off without him!" Gingerbread huffed. 

Rainbow Dash and Sunset shared a look. 

"I wanna meet this Prince Eric now," Sunset said. 

"He's standing in front of us," Rainbow Dash pointed to the Nutcracker. "Literally right there. Can't you see it?"