The Rock Bridge

The next day, and Clara, the Nutcracker, Major Mint, Captain Candy, and the Equestria Girls set off the find the Sugar Plum Princess. They traveled for about an hour before stopping in front of the bridge made entirely out of floating rocks. 

"Magic," Twilight said. "Always makes me lose faith in science and humanity."

"It looks too unstable," the Nutcracker noted. "Perhaps we should find a safer way to cross."

"Nonsense!" Major Mint scoffed. "Don't you remember that I am leading this expedition?"

Everyone watched as Major Mint stepped onto the first rock, nearly falling off. 

"No problem at all," Major Mint nervously laughed. "Come along, ladies and gentlemen."

"Eh," Rainbow Dash shrugged. "I've got better ways of transportation."

And with that, she ponied up and started flying across the ravine. Captain Candy nervously followed Major Mint. Twilight and Fluttershy also ponied up and started flying as well. 

"Now I wish I had wings," Applejack moaned as she took a step onto the bridge, slipping off, falling onto a crystal. 

"Thanks, Rarity," she said, and Rarity smiled. 

That's when Major Mint lost his balance and knocked off Captain Candy, clearly oblivious to what he'd just done. 

Clara and the Nutcracker watched as the knapsack Captain Candy had been carrying fell into the river below them, with Captain Candy barely hanging onto a branch that had grown from the cliff's edge. 

"Help me!" Captain Candy cried, and Applejack turned. 

"Can you make it?" Sunset called out. 

"I don't think I'll make it in time!" Applejack called back. "Besides, he'd be too far to reach!"

"I've got this," the Nutcracker said, and reached out his arm to grab Captain Candy. 

"Hurry!" Captain Candy cried, but the Nutcracker was still too far away to make contact. His right arm slipped from the branch, and at last, the Nutcracker's hand reached down close enough for them to pull him back up. 

Meanwhile, Applejack and Major Mint finally made it across. 

"You do realize that you almost killed someone?" she scolded. "Some friend."

"Ever heard of the 'magic of friendship?'" Pinkie called out from the other side. "Because you clearly don't know what that is!"

"Sorry," the Nutcracker said, popping his arm back into its socket as Captain Candy rubbed his head. "Didn't have any rope."

Clara stared at the Nutcracker in awe. 

"Shipping fuel!" Rainbow Dash and Sunset whispered (she had just made it across) together. Applejack looked away from the two. 

That's when Captain Candy, the Nutcracker, Rarity, Pinkie, and Clara went across the bridge. Clara and the Nutcracker held hands while crossing, though, and it didn't go unnoticed by the two fangirls. 

"Nara! That's their ship name!" Sunset suggested. Rainbow Dash winked at her. 

"Are you sure you're all right to travel?" Clara asked Captain Candy. 

"I'll be fine," Captain Candy replied. "Don't worry about me."

"Well, we're going to need more supplies," Major Mint said. "Considering you lost your knapsack."

"How could you be concerned about supplies?" Captain Candy countered. "I almost fell into the ravine!"

"Don't blame me for your sloppy footwork and general clumsiness!" Major Mint yelled.

"Clumsy?" Captain Candy shouted. "I'm clumsy!?"

Everyone watched as Major Mint and Captain Candy kept arguing. 

"Are we wasting a transformation for these dudes?" Sunset turned to Twilight.

"Not worth it," Twilight sighed. 

"That was very noble of you," Clara turned to the Nutcracker. 

"Least I could do for an old friend," the Nutcracker replied. 

"He and Captain Candy are friends?" Fluttershy asked Pinkie.

"Yeah, they missed that in the script," Pinkie said.