The Nutcracker and the Mice

~Time skip to after the party~

"And I bowed, and he asked me to dance," Drosselmeyer said. Clara and the Equestria Girls were all ears, while Tommy kept playing with his toy soldiers. 

"Did you?" Clara asked in wonder and awe.

"I couldn't say no to the king," Drosselmeyer said.

"Tell that to the peasants from the French Revolution," Twilight tried to make a joke to Sunset, who didn't understand. 

"You must've felt like a princess," Fluttershy peeped.

"I know," Clara said. "I wish I was there."

Drosselmeyer looked around to make sure they were alone. 

"Maybe next time," she said. "You can come with me."

"I'll start packing my bags," Rainbow Dash said, noticing Tommy. "Hey, whatcha up to?"

"Grandfather would never allow it," Clara said. 

"Why not?" Rarity asked, but Clara didn't say anything as Drosselmeyer went to the table across the room and picked up a set of wrapped gifts. 

"I'm sure he wouldn't object to these," she said, handing Tommy and Clara the gifts. Tommy eagerly started unwrapping his to find toy soldiers in there. 

"Sweet," Tommy said, picking up the admiral. "More reinforcements!"

"And this is for you, my dear," Drosselmeyer handed Clara the red box, and she gently opened it and unfolded the tissue, revealing a wooden soldier with a clacking mouth. 

"A nutcracker," she breathed. 

"A what now?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Oh yeah, he's the guy who comes to li--"

Sunset gave her a swift jab. 

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "What gives?"

"You can't spoil half the story!" Sunset rolled her eyes. 

Clara didn't seem to be listening to them as she picked up the nutcracker and moved its arm, which caused the mouth to open and close. 

"He's wonderful," Clara said, hugging Drosselmeyer. "Thank you, aunt Elizabeth!"

"Sure is ugly," Tommy muttered, and Rainbow Dash and Sunset both covered their laughs with coughs. 

"On the outside, maybe," Drosselmeyer said. "But on the inside is the heart of a prince."

"Oh, so she gets the spoilers, but I can't?" Rainbow Dash huffed. 

"Huh?" Clara looked at her. 

"Nothing," Rainbow Dash looked away. 

"I can use him to command my army!" Tommy exclaimed, and grabbed the nutcracker. 

"Hey!" Clara and Tommy started struggling for control of the nutcracker, and it ended up in Tommy's hand, only one of the arms was limp.