6 - Warmer than Jail

———*•*———
Chapter 6
WARMER THAN JAIL
———*•*———

———*•*———Chapter 6WARMER THAN JAIL———*•*———

This is written from Steve's perspective.

Rayna crumpled to the ground and twitched unnaturally before freezing still. Steve looked up at the men who had attached a metal collar around her neck and injected her with a needle.

"What did you do?" He asked in shock.

They met his eyes coldly before beckoning other men to come over. Soldiers shoved Steve's hands behind his back and secured them with handcuffs. He did not resist, knowing it would only end in a worse scenario if he tried to help Rayna.

He gazed down at her scarred and broken face, worry nagging at his heart. She was also bleeding from the injection the men had shoved into her neck. Steve knew with a sinking feeling that these soldiers had no intention of treating her well.

She doesn't deserve this. I was the one who made her come on the mission. After yesterday, she shouldn't have come.

His eyes were locked on her, glazed and worried. Rayna would jerk slightly every thirty seconds or so as something sent shock through her body.

As he watched her, he noticed sparks emitting from the metal collar on her neck. Steve stared at it with narrowed brows, his anger increasing with each second that passed. For one word was imprinted on the device: Stark.

Men grasped Rayna from under her shoulders and hauled her limp body away. Steve stared after her longingly but knew there was nothing he could do.

He recreated the restraining bolt...he knew it limited her powers..he walked me through the process of removing it! And now he's put it back on her.

Steve struggled to control the burning anger inside him. He could hardly believe Tony would do such a thing, knowing how vulnerable and fragile Rayna was emotionally. He betrayed her trust once, and now he's done it again.

The collar is latched on to her like she's a dog,
something that needs to be controlled. They're treating her like how she said they would: as a weapon, and a monster.

She's just human.

As his mind swam with sadness and anger, he turned to see Bucky lying smushed against the ground next to him, many soldiers securing restraints to his body.

They're treating him like an animal too, and I can't do anything to help the people who are closest to me.

Steve turned back to the front and saw T'Challa, son of the killed King T'Chaka, under the mask of the suited man. He realized with sympathy that he was fighting Bucky for revenge. Had Steve not been there today, this man might have killed an innocent while the true killer walked free.
He held the Wakandan's gaze steadily before turning to Rhodey.