4 - Mind Games

———*•*———
chapter 4
MIND GAMES
———*•*———

Rayna was gathered in the lab with the Avengers, waiting for Steve to arrive

Rayna was gathered in the lab with the Avengers, waiting for Steve to arrive. He had supposedly found some information on Ultron and called everyone for a meeting. She hadn't talked to him or Tony for a while now.
  Her day was spent cooped up in her room researching on the Maximoffs and Ultron.
Rayna hadn't found much, only reports of attacks and images of the terrorists.
  She had discovered though, that Strucker experimented on them and gave them their powers using the scepter.

Steve walked into the room and handed a tablet to Thor.
  "What's this?" Tony asked.
Rayna peered over both men's shoulders to look at the image displayed on the screen.
  Strucker lay still with a bullet in his head, and the wall next to him was written on in blood.
"Peace." It said.

"A message," Steve announced, "Ultron killed Strucker."
  Thor forcefully shoved the tablet into Tony's chest. "And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us," Tony remarked.

"This is a smokescreen," Natasha said, also gazing over Tony's shoulder. "Why send a message when you've just given a speech?"

Steve blinked in realization. "Strucker knew something Ultron wanted us to miss."

  Natasha turned to her computer monitor. "I bet he...yeah. Everything we've had on Strucker has been erased."

  Rayna sighed. This just kept getting worse and worse.

"Not everything," Steve said quietly. She perked up and immediately followed him out the door.

  Rayna smirked when she saw the old-fashioned files that Steve had kept. They were in one of Steve's rooms that he used for work. Many rows of bins lined the walls, all filled with paperwork.
  Steve handed Tony a file. "Known associates. Strucker had a lot of friends."

Rayna began flipping through pages. "Well, these people are all horrible."
  Tony froze and touched her hand. "Wait, I know that guy."

She looked down at a file on Ulysses Klaue, a sketchy-looking man covered in tattoos.
"From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms."

Steve glared at Tony with accusation.
  Stark rolled his eyes, "There are conventions, alright? You meet people. I didn't sell him anything."

Steve still looked suspicious but listened intently as Tony continued, "He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer. It was all very Ahab."