14 - Peace and Quiet

———*•*———
chapter 14
PEACE AND QUIET
———*•*———

After the dramatic events of the last two days, Rayna and Steve finally got the chance to enjoy their vacation

The next morning, Rayna woke up well-rested and was offered a breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, and toast.

"I didn't know you could cook," she said as she sat down at the table.

Steve raised his brows and smiled. "Well, the stove's not as old-fashioned as I was used to. We used to boil everything."

It was then that Rayna noticed a book on the counter titled: A Beginner's Guide to Cooking.

She smiled to herself and hummed in response before beginning to eat. "Thank you, this is really good," she said between mouthfuls.

After they finished breakfast, Steve turned to Rayna at the door. The two stared at each other for a moment, their eyes narrowed.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Steve asked.

Rayna raised her eyebrows and grinned. "I think I'm thinking what you're thinking."
She dramatically shot her hand out for him to grab. Steve latched on and dipped his head sharply.

"Taking off in three..." Rayna began a countdown in a deep voice. "Two...one...."

She then teleported them to the nearest Apple store. They landed right in front of the doors in a large crowd. People gasped and hurried out of the way, while others snapped pictures.
Rayna shared a look with Steve and walked into the store with him.

A horde of excited fans followed them, swarming the building. Rayna turned and shouted, "good people of Colorado!" She spread her arms wide as the crowd froze. "I appreciate your support, however, now is really not the time."

She tilted her head with a smile and mind-controlled all of them to leave the building and go on their way. Immediately, everyone left and Steve and Rayna were alone except for the two employees staring at her in shock.

"Hi!" She said enthusiastically, looking at the petrified workers. "Could I get an iPhone 6s?"
One of the men snapped out of his phase and grabbed a black box.

"H-Here.." he said, pushing the phone onto the counter.

Steve followed Rayna to the cash register and took the time to gaze around the store at the many electronics.