2 - Someone Crashes the Party

———*•*———
chapter 2
SOMEONE CRASHES THE PARTY
———*•*———

Rayna sat alone in her room, thinking deeply about the many possibilities that lay in front of her

Rayna sat alone in her room, thinking deeply about the many possibilities that lay in front of her. She could finally control her energy...maybe pass it on to others. If Tony could combine the powers from the weapons and add them to her existing ones, Rayna could improve her skills greatly.

"You're going to miss all the fun."
She looked up and was met with a pleasant surprise. Steve was leaning against the doorframe in a navy blue dress shirt and black pants.

"What's happening?" She asked upon seeing his formal attire.

"Tony's having a party. Care to join?"

  She paused, considering how events could play out. It would certainly be an enjoyable experience with Steve, and he could eliminate the majority of her social awkwardness. Concluding that she better give it a go, Rayna smirked and rose to her feet. "We better hurry. What's a circus without clowns?"

She had changed into a sleeveless lilac dress with thin straps. The smooth texture made it a comfortable and attractive choice. It was both casual and formal, with a slim fit that ended halfway down her thighs. There were ruffles around her breasts and pinched detailing at the sides of the dress.
  Rayna loved the cute wrinkles of fabric that ran along the whole outfit. It wasn't too different from her usual attire, but Steve was happily surprised with her look.

  Not being a party girl, Rayna allowed Steve to lead her over to Thor. As they walked, she found herself colliding with Steve's hand and began to blush. Their fingers entwined slowly and broke apart when their arms moved. Rayna gazed up at Steve to see him with fiery cheeks. She clutched his hand and slid her fingers through his.
   Steve didn't reject and clasped her tightly.

Quite recently upon Steve's return from working for S.H.I.E.L.D, Rayna had felt an odd attraction to him. It was subtle...yet could become quite strong in certain scenarios.
  She knew it would never happen, and concluded her emotions were merely a fantasy in her imaginative mind. However, in his presence, she often lost some of her thoughtfulness and attentive nature. He brought such joy to her that she fell into some a sort of trance. Nervous tingles would go up her spine and Rayna would find herself smiling self consciously under his gaze.

  It was feelings like these that pushed her into making small moves and being a bit more open than she normally would.
    When they had touched hands, that was almost instinctual to Rayna. She hadn't even processed what would happen if she laced her fingers with Steve's.

Moments like these, when it was just her, and it was just him, were the moments where her tongue ran away with her heart, and nothing else mattered except the shared interaction between them.

Thor jerked Rayna out of her thoughts when he spotted them coming and raised a glass. Several old World War II veterans were chatting with him.
"Ah, meet my friends, Steve Rogers and Rayna Harper," Thor introduced them to the elderly men.