2. Drowning thoughts of questions and denial of future assumptions

Over the years, we had to make the gaming room soundproof from all the noise but I could still already hear screaming from my door.

When we moved here on a random Tuesday when I was 8, I blinked and mom and dad had already picked the 2 furthest rooms from each other for David and Emily because they were fighting toddlers nonstop. So, that left the two rooms separated by the gaming room for Dayven and I. Dayven was already getting into the office so he wasn't home 85% of the time, and I was lucky if I saw him at school once a day.

I almost paused when I saw Dayven's deep dark brown bedroom door ahead of me; everything will change, and I'll forget someone even lives in that room by the time he gets back. I walked in quietly — the dark colorful lights coming from all kinds of shit on the gaming screens with the dim lighting in the room made it feel like I was walking into a club. Alexi — the shyest girl in the group — Emily and Jackie were sitting on some bean bags all the way at the end. David, who was dead gone on his phone surrounded by paperwork, was sitting on the leather couch behind the gaming station area where Alex and Dayven were playing. He does work in quiet? He wasn't gonna get shit done in here.

I fought a grin seeing how competitively Dayven and Alex were playing since I could hear their controller's from the door. Dayven's resting face almost looked serious with the way he had leaned forward with his elbows on his knees, and his eyes sharply concentrated on the game. On the other hand, I nearly laughed seeing Alex look so on edge like he was ready to ruin any shit that got in his way. Dayven had probably pissed him off with the rounds.

"Go. Go. Go, you fucking dumbass. Gooo" Dayven almost shouted at Alex but Alex didn't fire back which then I realized they were on the same team, Dayven just wasn't having it with him. "Go." He said a bit more softly.

His eyes can almost easily pass for a darker color sometimes, just like now in the dim lighting, and especially when he gets cold. I noticed he had changed out of his black fitted long sleeve into a black short sleeve, and some black pants and he had a belt on? He has to travel for over a day in just a few hours so anything other than sweatpants sounded like a crime but it's Dayven. He looked more comfortable next to Alex who had a white hoodie and black and red printed flannel pants on so.

I didn't realize I had fallen into the same trap of being occupied by the game while still standing by the door until I locked eyes with Dayven, who had already noticed his shirt in my hands which reminded me I had it.

"Here." I quietly let him know that it was on the backrest of his chair that I decided to lean on for a second to watch before I had to look for some business documents that dad and Mr. Kobe, Dayven and Emily's dad, asked for. Why are important shitty documents in this room out of the entire, 3-story, house that has 2 families of 4 living in you might ask? Great question. I have no idea.

"Shit, dude. Come on." Alex aggressively elbowed Dayven for his focus but Dayven didn't give into his freaking out shit. They were racing, red car against the black one, before the black crashed into the side of the red, sending it off to the side as the black one sped off, and Alex cussed Dayven out. Dayven avoided a smile before bitting the inside of his lip, and focused his gaze on the screen — that face usually means he's proud of what he's about to do.

I wasn't spoused to laugh but the second Alex's character dropped dead after being violently stabbed and shot at immediately after getting his car totaled, I lost it.

"Oh, shut up." Alex cut me off before throwing the controller at Dayven. "Killing your teammate, dumbass? Real mature." He was so pissed I was scared to laugh again.