Episode 10: First Birthday Fiesta

━━━━━━━☆THIS CHAPTER GETS HEAVY☆━━━━━━━

King yawned loudly, nestling his head into Luz's hip. Luz brought her fist to her mouth subconsciously, small drops of drool dripping from behind her lips. King wrapped his tail around the two, engulfing them in his own body warmth. He moved one of his hind legs free of his wrap, and started to kick it back and forth as if he was dreaming of running far into the abyss.

Eda hummed to herself as she finished setting her stand up, the demon and the child being the main attracters.

Eda fell back in her seat. Today was going to be another slow day. She could feel it...

Suddenly, a hoot from behind alerted Eda to full attention.

"Hey, Owlbert, buddy! What did the Owl drag in today?"

"Hoot!"

"Huh? What's this?"

Owlbert hooted again.

Eda raised an eyebrow, holding a small pink gift bag.

"This doesn't look promising, but, hey! What could it hurt to try?"

Eda reached into the bag, groaning as she felt around the multiple layers of tissue paper.

Finally, she pulled a neat book out with stickers all over it. Owlbert perched on Eda's shoulder and peeked at the envelope.

"Huh? I- what is this?"

Eda flipped to the first page and began to read.

.

.

.

➽───────────────❥APRIL 16

Mi bebé niña was born today... I don't know what I want to call her yet.

The bebé weighed 3.4 pounds. She was underweight, and wasn't crying when she was born. I had never been so happy to hear a baby cry until they got her breathing again.

➽───────────────❥APRIL 17

Luz. Luz Noceda. I like it.

It is deprived from Spanish ancestry and means "light". My little Luz IS my light.

➽───────────────❥APRIL 18

I am scared for my Luz. I am scared of her father.

He broke a wine glass over my head. A shard of glass flew and cut Luz in the face. I was so scared. It was gushing.

➽───────────────❥APRIL 19

My mom is coming to pick me up from my grandma today. I am not ready... I have been here for a year and a half while my mom was in rehab, but I am scared.

My grandma loves Luz, and deep down, I know she will be there for me, but I don't know how my mother will react.

I am only 15 for Christ sake! I am not ready for a child. It was an accident! Santiago is a complete jerk, he forced me, I can't help it! Luz wasn't supposed to be born, it was a mistake! That isn't to say I don't love her, though. I do, with all my heart!