Episode 7: Greatest Grandma Gwen

Eda stretched, yawning. Life has been slow lately. Not much going on.

The same everyday. Eda would lay on the couch and watch King and Luz play. And Hooty attempt to scare Luz, but then getting scared of the small toddler himself.

On this particular day, King was showing Luz how to rule over the kingdom. Again...

"And that, small human child, is how to successfully force everybody you love to recede under your command! Except I. We will rule together!"

Eda snorted a laugh, wiping a stray tear from her eye. "You? Teaching the toddler how to rule? What do you know about that?"

King scoffed, waving Eda off. "I'll have you know, I was once-"

"Yeah, a great demon overlord. I know."

"Well, good then. Glad we're on the same page."

Eda rolled her eyes, but couldn't help the smile forming on her face.

Suddenly, a loud knock at the door jolted all three of them. Luz started to whine, slight tears splintering her eyes.

Eda shushed the child, ruffling her hair as she walked past. King patted Luz's hand, lashing his tail to the side. Luz quieted, tilting her head at the demon.

"Okay, Luz, so-"

Eda opened the door, eyes slightly widening. Then, in a swift motion, Eda slammed the door shut.

Luz giggled at how disappointed Eda looked. King yelled, putting his paws on his hips.

"Hey! Pay attention to my demon lesson!" But Luz was done with paying attention. She attempted to crawl to Eda, but failed. Eda laughed slightly, picking the baby up.

King scoffed, but even he couldn't stay mad at how cute Luz was.

And then, another knock. Louder this time.

Eda groaned, sitting on the couch.

"I'll get it!" King yelled, scampering to the door.

"King, no!" King opened the door, and in the doorway, stood an elder woman.

"Thank you, King!" The woman said, picking King up. King threw his small arms in the air.

"Grandma Gwen!"

Gwen held King close, hugging him tightly. King hugged back, before running up her shoulder and perching himself. "How dare you try and not let grandma in!" King hissed at Eda, who was bouncing Luz on her lap. Eda scoffed and rolled her eyes, paying the demon no attention.

"Whatever. All she wants is to heal my- uhhhh, heart. Raine broke my heart when I was a kid. But it's already healed, thanks to you and Luz, King. Now, super sad to see you go, but look at the time, bye grandma!"

Gwen dug her heels into the ground to prevent Eda from pushing her out.

"Hold a second, sweetheart. Luz?" Gwen turned around to see a small baby girl chewing on her fist sitting on the couch. Gwen gasped, pushing past Eda and scooping the baby up.

"Edalyn! You gave me a granddaughter?! Who's the father? Is it Raine? Oh, how precious!" Gwen cradled the baby close, cooing lightly. If it hadn't been for the light aura she gave off, Luz might have been frightened by the woman, but instead, she cooed back in response, a big smile on her face. Eda rubbed the bridge of her nose.

Suddenly, Gwen noticed the toddler's ears. Eda wasn't expecting to go out, or for anyone to come over, so she failed to put a hood or a beanie on the infant.