Episode 9: The Quiet Game

Luz and King giggled loudly, clashing toys together and making a huge ruckus.

"And then, the powerful leader of the demon army, Francois, conquered his enemies and enlisted help from the leader of the human army, Chip, in an attempt to restore peace to all the land! Take this as a peace treaty, Chip, and let us rule amongst each other! Let us become... friends."

King finished his speech, laughing at the stuffed animals. Luz laughed with him, screaming as King tackled her to the ground.

"Can't you play a different game?" Eda asked, covering her ears.

"Okay, okay, fine," Eda sighed in relief. "Lets play scary demon after your gold!"

Luz screamed again, followed by a giggle, as she attempted to crawl away from King, who hopped on top of Hooty.

"Away, fair chariot!" King demanded, pointing towards baby Luz.

"Hoot hoot! Here we come, hoot hoot!!"

Eda groaned, sliding down the couch and on to the ground as she clasped her hands over her ears even harder.

"Kids, please. Can you be a little quieter?" Eda begged. "For five minutes?!"

"But, Eda! We love games!" Hooty whined, stopping mid-chase.

Eda smirked, humming in thought. "You love games, huh?" Eda asked, repeating the question.

"Yeah!" King yelled, happy written across his face.

"Well, do I got a game for you three." Eda said. That got the three's attention.

"Whoever can stay quiet for the longest time, wins... hm..." Eda hummed in thought. "Wins..."

"Ooh, oh, I know! I know! World domination!"

"What is a bird tube and a toddler going to dominate?"

"The world, duh!"

"Yes. A toddler is going to conquer the world," Eda snorted a laugh. "Here's an idea. What if I just go the easy route and buy whoever wins one thing?"

"Hm... yes. That will suffice. King demands cupcakes!"

"Cupcakes, huh? Easy enough."

"But not just ANY cupcakes, no! I need cupcakes fit for a king, yeah. The most sweet, sugary, delicious cupcakes the Baking Coven has! And a bunch of them! Like 34 of them!"

"Hoot! IIIIIII want you to buy me a trumpet!"

"What in the world could you need a trumpet for?"

"Hooty hoot!"

Eda sighed, rolling her eyes. She prayed that Hooty wouldn't win. She'd never hear the end of his trumpeting and singing.

Eda bent down, smiling at Luz. "What do you want, kid?"

Luz tilted her head, her tiny eyebrows arching. "Eda?"

"We can figure that out later," Eda ruffled Luz's hair. "For now, let the game begin!"

Luz smiled, laughing and clapping her hands. "Game! Game!"

"Haha, Luz is out!"

"No, kid! Quiet! Quiet!"

"Quiet?"

"Yes. Shhh. No talking." Eda shook her hands, then motioned zipping her mouth shut. Luz tilted her head.

"Yes! Good. Shh."