Episode 26: Friends And Foes

Eda kicked her feet up, resting her arms behind her head. "Ah, Lily. I can feel it, today is gonna be a good day."

"I'm home!..." Luz's small voice erupted into their hearing. Eda perked her head up to see Luz and king, except something... something was off.

Luz had a black eye.

-

"What happened to you?" Eda asked as Lilith slowly healed the wound.

"Boscha..." Luz spoke somberly, putting her face down. Lilith used her index, middle finger, and thumb to lift Luz's chin back upwards.

"You gotta stay looking at me, darling." Lilith spoke as Eda growled at the name.

"And who exactly is this Boscha girl?" Eda asked through clenched teeth. Luz stared at Eda for a few seconds.

"She's mean to me and my fwiends. She always tells me mean things and it hurts my feelings..."

"Yeah! She pushed Luz and gave her a scraped knee!" King jumped in, lashing his tail. "But fret not, owl lady, for I, fearless king of demons, King, made the bully regret her actions."

Eda rolled her eyes as King stood proudly beside Luz, making her giggle with his silly antics.

"But you hid in my backpack." Luz said, still giggling. King let out a small 'weh?!' before glaring at the child.

"You weren't supposed to mention that."

"And there we are!" Lilith took a step back, staring at Luz. The bruise was gone completely, there was no trace it was even there, save for the slight soreness that was there when you touched it.

"Tanks, Lily..." Luz spoke, standing up and dragging King with her.

Eda groaned in worry, watching her kid sit on the rug and play with a stuffed animal. King sat in front of her and picked up Francois. Eda watched as Luz lagged with her movement, not being as rambunctious as she usually was.

"I'm gonna fix this," Eda whispered, mainly to herself. "Lily, watch them, okay?"

Lilith was in shock, kinda, but not really. She had seen this coming, but this soon? Nonetheless, she nodded and smiled, mock saluting. Eda snickered and stuck out her tongue at Lily, earning the same gesture back.

And before she knew it, Eda was off to find this 'Boscha' girl.

.

.

.

"Tell me, Bump! Where does she live?!" Eda growled as she slammed her hands onto the desk.

"I already told you, Edalyn! I cannot disclose that type of information to you!"

Eda banged her fists on the desk, growling at the man.

"If you don't tell me where she lives, I'm going to send a thousand angry firebees your way!"

"Ms. Clawthrorne! That is an outright threat to me and my health. I repeat, I will not tell you where this preschooler is so that you can wreak havoc onto the child!"

Eda groaned, before her eyes widened with a plan. The sighed somberly and reached for Owlbert who had perched on the desk. Whilst moving her hand, she knocked over a lit candle, causing it to fall to the floor.

"Oh, dear! Let me help!" Eda cried, reaching down. She picked the candle up, but when she did, she 'accidentally' bumps into the desk, causing more things to fall.

"Edalyn, stop it this instant!"

"Oh my Titan, I am just so clumsy today."

Eda attempted to pick up the objects, but to no avail. As she moved, she subtly flipped the desk over and watched with a smirk as Bump gasped.

"Edalyn Clawthorne!"

"Sorry! Let me just-" Eda acted as if she was about to set the table right, but she grabbed it by the drawer and pulled it out, making student files go everywhere. "Golly, hold on a second!"

Finally, Eda acted as if she was about to pick the files up, but she pulled the chair from underneath Bump instead. Bump instantly stood, before slipping on a file and falling to the ground with a thud.

"Jeez, what a fall! May I help-"

"Get. Out."

"Wow, okay Princy B. Don't gotta be so harsh. If you wanted me to leave you should have just said that in the first place."

Eda shuffled to the door, closing it behind her. She cackled quietly to herself as she pulled out Boscha's documentation that she had successfully snagged.

That kid was gonna pay.

-

Eda laughed evil-y as she threw toilet paper all over Boscha's house – or should she say mansion? This 'house' was so huge, that it was obvious the girls' parents were rich.

Eda continued to throw toilet paper, with the help of a hesitant Owlbert, until a woman stepped out of the ho- mansion.

"H-hey! What are you doing to my house?!" the light pink woman asked. She had short, burgundy colored hair and round glasses, much like the kind Luz's friend, Willow, had. The somewhat short woman crossed her arms stubbornly.

"I'm getting revenge!" Eda yelled, not stopping her assaults. Now, she had started spraying graffiti on the walls.

"Revenge for what?!" The woman rushed over to Eda, trying to take the spray can away from her. Eda fought back, trying to not let the shorter woman take it.

"For your kid bullying mine!"

"What?" The pink woman let go of the can, taking a step back. "I – I didn't know Boscha was bullying another kid. She's usually super sweet at home."

"Well, you better take a look at school life, because my girl came home with a black eye today!"

"Oh, oh my! I am so sorry your daughter experienced that. That's terrible. I'll have a talk with my wife and child, and I'll get to the bottom of the reason Boscha is bullying somebody."

"Uh, really?" Eda asked, clearly taken aback. "You are? You're gonna actually talk to her?"

"But of course! I will not have a daughter of mine being a bully, not while she's under my roof, oh no."

"I didn't think you'd be so chill about it."

"Well, let's just say, you're lucky my wife isn't home," The girl with glasses giggled to herself. "I won't tell my wife, if you clean up this mess."

Eda hummed in thought, before sighing. "Fine, I guess."

The shorter woman smiled at Eda, before nodding and making her way into the house.

-

It was late morning the next day when Eda came back home, exhausted, but with the mess all cleaned up.

She threw herself on the couch and yawned, ready to curl into a ball and sleep.

"About time you came home, Edalyn," Lilith spoke, walking in the front door. "I just took Luz to school. Guess what? That Boscha girl was expelled, heard one of the parents weren't too happy about it."

"Hm, funny."

"What did you do, Edalyn?"

Eda yawned, curling up.

"Just a little bit of magic."

Lilith shook her head as Eda closed her eyes.

"Remind me not to mess with you or Luz."

And with that, Eda gently smiled, eyes clasped shut as she drifted into a deep slumber.