Episode 4: The Jealousy Demon

Eda blew raspberries on Luz's stomach, laughing alongside the baby. She soon came to find out that that was a human thing, but if Luz liked it, so did Eda.

"Hey, Eda! Check this out!" King ran into the room, jumping up and down excitedly.

Eda sat up from the baby, trying to re-catch her breath. King presented a piece of paper with drawings and scribbles all over it, but Eda swatted him away.

"Just a minute, King. It's nearly dinner time. I've gotta make Luz something to eat and then lay her down."

"Um... okay. After though, right?" King asked, a slight light in his eyes.

"Mhm. Yep. Toats."

King frowned as Eda picked the baby up, cradling her close. Eda walked to the kitchen, leaving King alone on the couch.

"Fine! The powerful king doesn't need you to look at his silly drawing anyway!" King looked at his drawing. "...Right?"

King sighed, scratching just beneath his collar, and sat down.

Suddenly, Hooty burst the door open and spun his head in circles. "Hoot! What's the matter little one?"

King groaned. "It's just... ever since Owlbert dragged Luz back, Eda has been giving her all the attention! Her! It's not fair! King likes attention, too! Thanks for asking though, buddy. Oh, and don't call me little one, got it, Hooty?" King lifted his head up appreciatively at Hooty, only to see the neck of the bird tube. "Huh?"

King's eyes followed the neck to the head, which was staring at Luz, who was crying softly.

"Ugh!" King threw himself on the couch, covering his face. "What does she have that I don't? I'm cute, i'm terrifying, AND I boss people around! Just like that human..." King rubbed his temples in thought.

"Oh-ho-ho. Little pipsqueak!" King perked his head up, looking towards the kitchen for the source of the voice. His tiny body filled with excitement as Eda acknowledged him. He pointed to himself, then jumped off the couch.

"That's me! That's me! Yes, yes, yes! The king of demons is right-" King stopped dead in his tracks, seeing Eda talking to Luz while preparing her a bottle. Tears pricked at King's eyes, making him clench his drawing and run upstairs.

King slammed the door shut behind him, falling to the ground and sobbing. "That was my nickname..." King choked out, sighing slightly.

King was filled with hate, rage, and sadness. He was lost and didn't know what to do.

Little beknownst to him, the jealousy demon was taking over. It was a demon that attacked anyone and everyone at every chance it got. It was known to make people do rash things at times.

King looked at his drawing, tearing up once again. The picture was of Eda, King, and Luz. Eda was holding both King and Luz, and King had a small crown on his head. The caption read "Our Small Family" King held the picture close to his face, crying into it. King crumpled it up, throwing it away from him.

"I made that just for Eda! And she doesn't even want it! It's all Luz's fault! I used to be the king! The ruler! The king of demons will not stand for this! I must do something, but what?" King first stood up, pointing his finger upright to the sky, then he sat back down in thought.

"Aha! Why just get rid of her, when this king could feast!" King rubbed his paws together. "Yes, oh yes! Tonight, this king WILL feast!"

King opened the door, scampering out in search of Eda and Luz. He looked everywhere, and finally, found them knocked out in Eda's room.