Six

When I woke up this morning, I felt like I was on top of the world. Everything is just going my way. Or it will...if I can get Louis to understand that this is important. I went downstairs and Louis was at the table eating breakfast and looking at the paper. I went over, wrapping my arms around him and kissing his cheek. "Good morning, Lena." Louis smiled.

"Don't you just adore us?" I asked, kissing one more time for good measure.

"Why do I feel like there's a request coming?" Louis asked and I smiled walking over to sit at the end of the table right next to him.

"Not a request. A special dispensation."

"For what?"

"Louis, can't you just turn a blind eye for let's say 24 hours? That's a very reasonable request."

Louis lightly shook his head. "Lena..."

"All I'd be doing is spending the day with Blair's minions to fill the slot for a bridesmaid." I smirked. "Maybe some light waterboarding involved."

I don't think he liked my joke as much as I liked my joke. "Are you sure that's such a good idea? Forgive me. I've just never understood this Upper East Side tradition of yours."

"I know, and that's why we're perfect together. You don't have the scheme gene like I do. You don't get the itch. Darling, it's just one day." I smiled at him and I could see him cracking.

Louis sighed, slightly smiling at me. I won. "Okay. I give up. I'll look away. But only until the party tonight."

"That's more than enough time." I took his hand. "Don't worry, my love. Nobody will get hurt...That badly." Louis lightly chuckled and I kissed his cheek before walking out of the room. I just need to set things up and wait for Louis to leave. He doesn't need to see this.

Blair walked in with her minions. I had them sit on the couch. Rose and Blair are going to help me with this beautiful day. "As faithful minions through the years, you've each earned a chance to be immortalized as a bridesmaid in my royal wedding, but legally, I must warn you, not everyone will survive the tryouts. So I've drafted a waiver for you to sign in the event of a catastrophe. Kati, Penelope, nice to see Constance so ably represented. Jessica, Columbia's finest."

"Lena, it's always been my dream to be your bridesmaid--" Jessica stated to say and I quickly put my hand up to stop her.

"Do yourself a favor and stop talking right now. Even Pippa knew when to pipe down."

Blair stepped over to me. "One problem."

"What?"

"There's only three."

I sighed. "Right. Well, an odd number just won't do. We need another contestant." The elevator doors opened and I saw Charlie walk through the penthouse. "Charlie. You're the maid of honor's cousin. You should be in the mix, too. What are you doing right now?"

"Nothing?"

I smiled. "Then get in line if you dare." I stated and she agreed...because she's smart. Or stupid. It depends on where you stand, I guess.

We were outside away from anyone else. Blair leaned over, whispering to me. "We are going to talk eventually."

"But not down." I stated, keeping my smile. I walked down the stairs to face the girls. But I stayed on the stairs to be taller than them. "A royal wedding is more than just the most glamorous event on the social calendar. It is also the most dangerous. People will try to kidnap you and break you for the details. Paparazzi will tap your phones. I need to know who of you is going to crack under the pressure. The contest today will simulate how you perform your bridesmaid's duties under extreme duress. Now fall in line!" I smiled at Blair, leading them back to the mannequins. "Dressing me for my wedding day means attending to my every need, no matter how big or small." I had Rose and Blair in charge of flashing them with photos. "Adjust for reception!" I shouted at Charlie. "Cinch that train!" I yelled at Jessica. "Penelope she has to pee!" They were all doing a pretty good job. I'm more impressed than I thought I would. "Now block that baby bump!" Then it was off to the next round. Carrying the flower to Rose and then bringing back champagne without spilling a drop. "Let's go, girls! Faster! Who wants it?! You know the rules! You trip, you're out! You spill, you're out! Come on!" Charlie started to take the lead. "Nice work, Charlie. I like what I see."