Nineteen

"And he most likely won't break your heart. He'll support you. He won't cheat on you--" I quickly stood up from the counter, walking out of the kitchen. I heard him quickly following behind me. I grabbed my jacket, throwing it on over my nighty. "Where are you going?"

I smiled at him. "Taking a leap of faith."

"With who?" I walked out of the door before he could get an answer.

I held my jacket tightly over my nightie and I stepped through the door. I took a deep breath in. Every nerve in my body felt like it was on fire. My heart was pounding so hard I could hear it in my ears. I stepped deeper into the living room, holding my breath. I heard a door open getting my attention. "Lena?" I opened my mouth, but no words seemed to come out. So, I walked over to him, putting my hands on his cheeks and pressing my lips against his. Without hesitation, he kissed me back.

I was right. This is where I belong. I just wish I hadn't waited so long to make it here. He pulled back, looking into my eyes. "Are you sure?"

I couldn't help but smile. "I love you, Chuck Bass."

He smiled, pressing his lips against mine again. "I love you, Lena Owen."

I've denied loving him for so long, but I knew I was lying. I knew I had been lying since we broke up almost two years ago. Everything we've been through...every fight, breakup, makeup, laugh, sex game, scheme, lie...all of it and I know with every part of my being I love him more than I did in high school. I love him more than I have loved Carter or Louis or even my brief idea of Dan. They loved me, but they didn't understand me. They didn't want me for me. They wanted to mold some part of me into the person that they wanted.

Carter wanted the party girl.

Louis wanted the elegant princess.

Dan wants the smart damsel.

Chuck loves every part of me. There's no part of me that he doesn't want. He likes the party girl, the elegant princess, the smart damsel, the businesswoman, the emotional romance movie water, the overeater, the smart ass. Every part of me good or bad, he has always loved.

~~~

I went with Chuck to the hospital because he wants to honor Jack with a wing. Normally, the only thing I would want to honor Jack with is a swift kiss in the ass, but since he saved Chuck's life...I guess he can get his name on a building. We walked over to the nurse at the desk because Chuck wanted to say more about his condition in his speech. "I'm sorry, Mr. Bass. There must be a misspelling or a glitch in the system. I can't find your file." The nurse said.

"All my records are missing?"

"I was on duty the night of your accident, but the only Bass that came up in my search is first name Jack."

"Oh, his records are fine, too, actually."

"Except I'm not allowed to show you another patient's information."

"Of course. I'm just trying to find out some specifics about his blood donation that saved my life. I was hoping to mention them when I dedicate the new wing in his honor."

The nurse looked at him confused. "He's the one who gave you blood?"

"I don't understand."

"I'm sorry. I can't discuss someone else's chart." She said again.

I quickly went over, standing next to Chuck. "So, he's going to stop asking you to." I stated. "Could you let director Brancolini know that Mr. Bass is here, please? He'd like to speak with him before the ceremony."