Chapter Twenty

Felicity P.O.V

"Felicity?" Stuart's voice pulled me away from the setting sun. I hummed in response, looking at him questioningly. "Can I tell you something?"

"Stuart," I sighed softly. "You know you can tell me anything."

"Yeah." He nodded sheepishly before continuing. "This is really important but I know you like my brother but, I just need to tell you this. I have to get this off of my chest."

"I don't like Stiles-"

"Bull." He cut me off simply, a sad smile appearing on his face. "I see the way you look at him. I see the way he looks at you. Neither of you are very hard to read when it comes to who you like."

"That's the second time I've heard that today." I chuckled dryly, remembering my conversation with Lydia.

"Because it's true!"

"What did you have to tell me?"

"Felicity Hale." He smiled, although it never reached his eyes. "You've changed me. Before I came to Beacon, I'll admit that I was a douche. It all started after mom died. I couldn't get a plane to come here, plus, I was already at this internship for Google to get a job. It was important so I couldn't go, and it broke my heart.

"I never made it in to Google. Never got to say goodbye to my mom. So, I drank. It gave me this wonderful feeling at the time. It made me feel as if there were no problems in this screwed up world. I remember getting drunk at a party this one time, and running into a guy, Devon, I think his name was. He pulled me out to the backyard and he transformed into a werewolf. He bit me and officially messed my life up forever.

"I had to fight full moons alone. I had to train myself. I was an omega. I was so alone.

"Then you, Ms. Hale, come walking down the halls one day and fixed me. The second I saw you talking to Scott that day, I could tell that you were one of those girls that wouldn't like me, a douchebag."

"Stuart, you're not a douchebag."

"I was one."

"But not anymore."

"It feels nice hearing that from you but, don't you see where I'm getting at in the story here?" He sounded exasperated.

"Not exactly." I sighed. I rested the back of my head against the window, feeling the coolness of it through my thick hair. I closed my eyes, not wanting to even continue this conversation. Of course I know where he's going with this! I just don't want to break his heart.

"I love you, Felicity."

"What?" My head shot up so quickly you would've thought that someone plunged my head underwater for too long.

"Yes." He said firmly, staring into my eyes. "I know you like Stiles but I can't keep this from you forever."

"Stuart."

"You don't have to say anything." He waved a hand. "I just have a favor to ask you."

"Which is?"

"Can I kiss you?" He asked seriously. "I mean, you and Stiles will probably get together soon. I just want to know what it feels like to kiss you before you're officially taken."

"Y-Yeah." I nodded nervously. "I guess so."

We both leaned towards each other slowly, our faces just inches apart. My eyes fluttered shut as our lips met. It was nice and slow.

I didn't feel one thing.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Stiles P.O.V