All Along The Watchtower

When we reached Texas, the weather immediately changed from warm to EXTREMELY hot. Temperatures were almost to the hundreds and we couldn't take one step outside without breaking into a sweat.

We tried to stock up on some water, but a lot of the shelves at the grocery stores and gas stations were completely empty. The ones we did find, though, we did our best to not take too much as we knew that other people needed the water more than we did.

Every motel's A/C was not working, so staying in one of those was out of the question. We all opted to sleep for the night in Dean's car. The A/C wasn't perfect but some cool air was better than nothing.

We eventually reached the coordinates and thank God it was near a river (the Sabine River if we want to get specific).

While Sam and Dean cooled off for a bit, I started to search the area for any clues that may lead us to the entrance for the hide out. Unfortunately, the only real clue I could get was finding an energy pattern that only other psychics and mediums will be able to recognize. I was able to track it down, but I kept hitting a dead end.

I sighed and sat down in the grass, frustrated that I could not find the entrance. Sam and Dean returned shortly after I gave up, drying off their faces with their hands.

"Any luck?" Dean asked.

"No," I said, "I know they're here somewhere but...it's almost like some kind of invisible room...if that makes sense?"

"You think maybe we did the coordinates wrong?" Sam suggested.

"Even if that was the case, Bobby said that there is a hideout around here. Either way, we're near...something."

"Didn't you go to one of these hideouts when your powers started to show?" said Sam.

"Yes but I wasn't aware there was more than one. The one I went to was around Massachusetts, not too far from Salem."

"Wait...your people and witches...friendly?? When the hell did that happen?" Dean said.

I chuckled. "No, Dean. A few of the people who were tried in the Salem Witch Trials weren't witches at all. They did have our abilities but the people at the time associated them with witches. So, the psychics and mediums created a hideout and when the trials began to fade out, some of them connected with those who were executed and helped them cross to the other side."

I shook my head and looked down at the ground. "I just...I'm stumped, and you know how much I hate that."

Sam sat down next to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I swear I stopped breathing for a second by the sudden contact, but I knew I had to keep it together.

"Don't worry, we'll find it," Sam said.

"Maybe you can find where the energy pattern is the strongest and we'll take a look?" Dean said.

"I mean...I'm practically sitting on it right now," I said, "I had to cut it off real quick because the energy is just giving me a massive headache."

I placed my hand down on the ground to get up when all of the sudden, I felt a huge jolt go up my arm. It didn't hurt, but it took me by surprise.

I shrieked and jumped up, both boys quickly helping me get up. I went right into Sam's arms, my heartbeat racing at 500 mph. The three of us looked to the ground where I felt the jolt, finding that a staircase has appeared out of nowhere.

I looked up at Sam, realizing what we were doing and quickly got out of his embrace. My face felt really hot and I knew I was blushing a bit. This was too embarrassing.

I cleared my throat and nodded my head to the staircase. "I...uh....that certainly wasn't there before."

"No it wasn't," Dean said, "So uh....what happened that made you practically throw yourself at Sam?"