Chapter 20

Days passed and I haven't got a single word from her. I learned from Emily that Kate went to her that night with swollen red eyes. The two of them had gotten close since they share the same interest, art.

She told me that Kate didn't say any more words other than asking to stay the night. She just stared at nothing tearing up from time to time yet retained her stoic blank expression. In the morning however she said that she just woke up to a breakfast with a note thanking her.

Some of the gang said that they heard shouting but they really couldn't make out the words said. They tried asking but I just didn't answer; I know they are curious but they knew better to not push further as I really don't like them in my business.

They're here currently in my condo, being loud. They said that they thought I might be sad and in need of company, turns out Kate refused to communicate as well and would just answer questions related to school.

"So, have you two broken up? Does that mean I can have her now?" Ruby teased but I just glared at her and she laughed. I know she likes Kate but Ruby despite her nature she has some respect and boundary, she wouldn't be involved with people who have been involved with any of the gang.

She would often joke how she doesn't want left over but we know that's just how she shows respect and a bit of decency. "Annie, can I borrow your phone for a sec?" without thinking I just handed my phone to Haley.

"Oh, she blocked you" she said staring at my phone, once I realized what she's looking at I grabbed my phone from her. She just looked at me worried, I knew she wanted to say something but also know that I won't be hearing it.

"What really happened?" Ash asked, it was rare for my younger brother to be up in my business. He liked Kate for me and he's worried. I sighed caving into my brother, though I won't tell the whole truth "We had an argument"

"She blocked you because of an argument?" he pushed "She uh...there was a scene in the mall and then she made at fuss about it and it escalated from there" they're all still looking at me, anticipating "Well, I just didn't think it was that much of a big deal and to just let it go but apparently she thinks otherwise. She got mad at me and I lost my cool, so she left"

"She left?! In the middle of the night?" Kylee exclaimed "And you let her?" Kyler continued "Well..." "Annie that was dangerous, why did you let her leave?" Caleb cut me off. I guess Emily didn't say anything to them after all.

"She went home at that hour?" Haley looked so disappointed, Emily then spoke "Don't worry she stayed the night with me, though she didn't say anything just cried" I just avoided their gaze. They didn't ask anything after that because I refused to say another word.

"Hi there" I greeted her smiling, "Hey" Kate smiled and joined me in the bed. "Are you mad at me" I asked facing her, she smiled sweetly "think about it, is there a reason for me to be mad?" she caressed my face "I'm merely your thoughts, how would I know?"

Despite those being my questions, I have no answer for them. I laid in my bed alone in my thoughts. "This is fine, I'm fine. I've been fine for so long"

That was a lie.

That temporary complacent didn't last very long. All of my stupid actions started to backfire, I realized how big the mistake I had just done.

I felt alone and my scores started flunking, because I would spend hours starting at the black tile displaying her name. Multiple times I would feel like skipping because of the sinking feeling in my stomach.

I can still see her and be with her in my daydreams but the feeling of emptiness never goes away. It feels so different; it feels so cold. Even though it really wasn't clear to me,I realized I was so wrong for what I said and did but it's too late. Her blocking me made it clear she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.