Chapter 23: Confronting the Past

We made it outside of the house and I felt anxious. It had been years since the last time I had seen my mother and... I didn't know what to expect.

Would she recognize me? Would she apologize for all the pain she put me through? Or would I be a stranger to her?

"Want me to come with you?" Crosshair asked softly.

"No, I need to do this myself and if you come in with me you might stop me from strangling her." I said softly.

"Please, I'd do it myself." Crosshair said with a smirk.

Hunter hit his shoulder and I let out a light laugh. I looked back at the house and held back a sigh as I walked inside. I looked around and felt a chill pass through me.

"Mira? Ephraim? Is that you?" A gentle voice asked.

I looked towards the voice and saw a woman in a beautiful dress. Her hair was cut short and her eyes matched mine. She looked rich and was beautiful, and I hated it.

Her eyes went wide and she backed away from me.

"(Y/n) is that you?" She asked softly.

"It's been awhile mother." I said angrily.

"You... you look so beautiful." She said softly.

"Yea, slavers don't really want something ugly." I growled out.

She looked to the ground and let out a sigh.

"(Y/n), I'm-"

"Save it. Do you know what I went through? Do you know what they did to me!" I yelled as I glared at her.

She looked away and I felt tears stream down my face.

"You left me to die! I was your daughter and you sold me! Like I meant nothing to you! Why!" I yelled as I felt anger boil up inside of me.

"I had nothing.... And they told me they would take care of you, I never thought-"

"They were slavers! You knew what you were doing! You knew they didn't give a damn about me! I was a kid and you sold me!" I yelled as she backed away from me.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't change the fact that you abandoned your daughter... that because of you I lost half of my life. But you know what, I'm glad you sold me." I said as I shook my head.

I looked out the window and smiled as I saw Omega sitting in Wrecker's shoulder.

"Because I found my family. I found people who love me and would protect me with their lives... I have a daughter, a thirteen year old daughter who means everything to me." I said as I held back a sob.

"I heard about her."

"Yea and you will never meet her... because I don't want anyone like you around her."

"I've tried to make up for what I did to you-"

"By lying and saying you saved slaves? What's the real reason he is after you?" I asked as I walked up to her.

She looked away from me and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I stole some money." She said in a whisper.

"Get out and stay the hell away from my family. I don't need you putting them in danger." I said sternly.

"(Y/n), they will kill me."

"Good, that will be one less piece of trash in the galaxy."

She pushed past me and I felt tears stream down my face as she ran out of the house. I covered my mouth and held back a sob as my body started to shake.

"Are you okay?"

I turned around and saw Wrecker behind me.

"No... no I'm not." I said as I let out a sob.

He instantly pulled me into a hug and I broke down in tears.

"Why? Why couldn't she stay away?" I asked as I cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry.... I am so sorry." He whispered as he picked me up.

When I calmed down the rest of the boys came in with my parents and I sent them a reassuring smile.

"So she lied?" Dad said softly.

"I'm not surprised... she always was a lier. You know I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't just sold me for money." I said as I picked up Omega.

"Well she doesn't matter. Cause you have us." Omega said as she sent me a smile.

"And I don't need anyone else in my life other then you guys." I said as I pulled her into a hug.