Chapter 11: Nightmares

I opened my eyes and let out a gasp as I saw myself chained up again. I quickly turned my head and saw Crosshair and the boys chained up. Raney was standing in front of Crosshair.

"Kill this one. Feed him to my brezak." He said as he stared down at him.

"No!" I screamed as I watched them grab Crosshair.

I trashed around and tried to break my chains but couldn't.

"No!" The boys yelled as Crosshair was thrown towards the Brezak.

I soon get someone start to shake me and fought against them.

"(Y/n) wake up!" A familiar voice yelled.

I shot up and came face to face with Echo.

"It's okay, you're safe." He said as he touched my shoulder.

I looked around and saw that I was in my room. I let out a sigh of relief as I turned to look at him.

"Where is everyone?" I asked softly.

"They left to get some supplies... it's just me and you on the ship. Are you okay?" He asked as he set on the edge of the bed.

"I... I keep seeing it over and over again." I said as I brought my knees to my chest.

"That's normal. You went through a traumatic experience and it doesn't help that you had to go through it when you were younger too."

"I keep seeing each one of you die.... Over and over again." I said as I met his eyes.

"We all are okay... he is gone and we are okay..... You are okay."

"What if-"

"Don't think of the what if's, think about the here and now." Echo said as he squeezed my hand.

I nodded my head and let out a sigh.

"Come on, how about we get some fresh air." Echo said as he stood up.

I nodded my head and allowed him to lead me outside.

"You know I understand what you're feeling." Echo said softly.

"You do?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

"I was kidnapped by the separatist and used as a weapon to hurt my brothers. If it wasn't for the bad batch and Rex, I'd still be there." He said softly.

"Do you ever-"

"All the time. Almost every night I wake up wondering what would of happened had Rex not found me. But you know I'm starting to be greatful that he did." He said as he sent me a smile.

"Because you met the bad batch?"

"Because I met you. You've... changed a lot about me, and them. Crosshair use to wouldn't talk to me and now, we actually have conversations. Now are they about how to help you, yes... but they are still conversations." Echo said softly.

"Why is it that you boys always act like I had a huge impact on your lives."

"Because you did. (Y/n) you helped us in more ways then you know." Echo said softly.

"How?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

"Hunter for one had never hugged anyone before you came around. It use to hurt him, overstimulated his senses if he was to close to a person. Tech actually told me that when Hunter is around you... he's a lot calmer and more in control of his surroundings."

"I hadn't thought about that." I said softly.

"And Tech he told me that he is getting better at communicating with the team because of you. You've helped him learn that not everyone here as smart as you and him."

"That was a big problem." I said with a laugh.

"Wrecker didn't really have any problems, other then being to loud and well no one can help him with that."

We both let out a light laugh and continued to walk around. After awhile I wrapped my arms around myself.

"And what about you? What have I done to help you?" I asked softly.

"You gave me hope... that maybe after this is all over... I could have a family of my own." He said softly.

I sent him a gentle smile and he sent me one back. I went to say something but Echo's comm went off.

"Echo is (Y/n) with you?" Hunter asked calmly.

"Yea I took her for a walk to clear her head." Echo said calmly.

"Alright, we will be leaving soon."

"On our way back." Echo said as he hung up.

"Looks like our walk is finished." I said softly.

"Seems like it. Come on, let's get to the ship."

"Before we do... just so you know if you need anything, you can come to us. We have your back." Echo said as he sent me a smile.

"Thank you." I said as I sent him a small smile.

"You don't have to thank me for anything."

We made it back and I smiled as I saw Wrecker and Omega rough housing. I shook my head as Omega rushed up to me and hid behind my back.

"Where did she go?" Wrecker asked as he looked around.

"She went to her room." I said quickly.

"Thanks." Wrecker said as he took off after her.

I turned my head to look at Omega and we both let out a laugh as we heard Wrecker call for her.

It was soon bedtime and I ticked Omega I band then left to get some sleep for myself. I instantly found that it was hard to sleep. I kept tossing and turning and soon I gave up.

I instantly thought back to what Echo had said and decided to see if he was telling the truth. I knew that Echo would be exhausted and I didn't want to test my limit with the others, so I knocked on the door of the one person I know would instantly accept.

"(Y/n)? Is something wrong?" Wrecker asked softly.

"I... I can't sleep." I said as I looked at my hands.

"Come on in." He said as he gently pulled me inside.

"Thanks." I said as he shut the door.

I held back a laugh as I saw how messy his room was.

"Sorry about the mess."

"It's okay." I said softly.

He led me to his bed and laid down. I laid beside him for a second before he picked me up and set me on him. I instantly snuggled into his chest and let out a sigh.

"Thank you." I mumbled under my breath.

I heard him start to snore and knew he was out cold. I snuggled deeper into his chest and closed my eyes and fell fast asleep.