Chapter 18: Trying to Forget

The ride back to Kamino was long and when I arrived I felt sadness course through me. As I passed by a group of clones laughing and cracking jokes.

"Hey Doc! It's good to see you again!" A clone called to me.

"Good to be back." I said softly.

"Did you hear the news? We are getting to leave!" He exclaimed happily.

"I'm thrilled for you boys." I said as I walked past him.

I made my way back to my office and let out a sigh. It was still the same as I left it. Nothing had been moved and there was still files everywhere.

I set my bags down and shook my head as I started to originator the files. I only stopped organizing when I heard my door open.

"What do you need, Nala Se." I said with a frown.

I turned around to look at her and saw a frown on her face.

"I'm surprised to see you." Nala Se said softly.

"Why? I work here." I said as I turned away from her.

She let out a sigh and walked towards me.

"You could of went with them, no one would of stopped you." She said softly.

"They don't need me anymore."

"(Y/n)-"

"Just leave it alone." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Alright, but I hope you know those boys love you." She said as she turned and left the room.

I let out a sigh and covered my face. I quickly plopped down on my chair and held back a sob as I looked down at the file on my desk.

Project Omega

I flipped the file open and saw a picture of Omega and me. I smiled softly as I pulled the picture out and leaned back in my chair. I picked up a piece of paper and looked it over. I let out a sigh and closed the file with a flick of my wrist.

"I'm so sorry, Omega. I wish I could of told you the truth." I whispered as I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead.

I quickly got back to work, hoping that I could get my mind off of them. But I found myself thinking about them every second of the day. Finally after awhile I decided that I needed a break.

"So how is work?" Mom asked as she answered my call.

"Horribly... it feels so empty without them here." I said as I toyed with my drink.

"Why didn't you do with them?"

"I don't know... maybe because I was scared." I said as I felt tears stream down my face.

"Scared of what?"

"Everyone I have ever known has left me... and I just... I don't know if I could of handled them leaving me."

"My love, you can't push people away because of fear... if you do you will be alone forever."

"Maybe that's how it's suppose to be." I said as I pulled my knees to my chest.

"There is a saying.... One your father tells me all the time." She said as she sent me a smile.

I set up and she let out a sigh.

"Our most basic instinct is not for survival, but for family."

I felt tears stream down my face and I quickly covered my mouth.

"Sweetheart.... Go home... go to your family. Because they need you just as much as you need them."

"Mom if I went back.... I would have to explain a lot to them... and to Omega."

"Then explain it. Tell Omega the truth. Because she deserves to know who she really is."

She hung up and I let out a sigh. I looked down at my hands and opened the file back up.

Omega

50% Jango Fett

50% (Y/n) (L/n)