messages unopened

I clicked on the notification and saw Damiano's number. I put the number in my contacts and labeled it as 'Damiano'

Damiano: hey can we meet today at about 2pm? Your favourite cafe.

If its ok with you.

I had to tell Carla. We were supposed to go out together but I really wanted to meet Damiano and talk to him.

So I got dressed and told Carla about it.

"Hey Carla. Damiano sent me a message saying he wanted to meet me at 2pm," I told her. "I don't wanna bail on you but I really still like him and basi-"

"You can go. As long as you don't come back heart broken." She told me surprising me.

"Oh well okay. Since it's 1:44 I think I should go. See ya Carla." I said as I headed out for the door.

She waved goodbye as I closed the door behind me and headed out.

~~~

As I arrived at my favourite cafe I saw him there waiting for me, smoking a cigarette. How many times does he smoke per day?

I inhaled and exhaled and went next to him.

"Hello Damiano." I said as I approached him. "Hello Jade." He said as he threw his cigarette and went into the cafe, me following right after him.

"So Jade how have you been?" He said to me as we found a place to sit. "Great how about you and the band?"

"Great as well, tomorrow we have to perform at Sanremo, its the final."

I had no idea they applied to Sanremo. "Yeah I will definitely watch you tomorrow night." I acted as if I knew about Sanremo but I actually didn't really keep in touch with Italian TV. I mean I know its a very popular competition that you can go to Eurovision if you win.

"You didn't know right?" He said looking in my eyes. "Jade, even though we broke up I still remember the stuff we did. I still know you. And I don't know about you but I'm still in love with you. If only you could just believe me."

"Damiano I believe you but- I don't know, ex's coming back together. I don't know Damiano."

We were done so we payed and left. We decided to go for a walk and talk more. "Aww look at that cute couple." I said pointing to a couple. I wish I didn't do that. "Yeah, I wish I could turn back time."

"Why?"
"So I can atleast spend more time with you. I miss hugging you and cuddling you."

Damiano was almost on the verge of tears. "Damiano don't do this to me now." I told him. He stopped for a second and I stopped too.

"What's wrong-" I didn't finish my sentence before he kissed me. It was like we both wanted it.

"I'm sorry Jade I-" I pulled him back to kiss me. I didn't want this to end. These few seconds made me feel whole again. Then we let go of the kiss.

"So does this mean we are...?"
"I think so.. I mean we'll see."
"Ok then."
"Goodluck for Sanremo tomorrow! Bye."

I waved goodbye and went inside my house. Now, should I tell Carla..?

________________

Sorry if its short! Doing a new cover for this story. Don't forget to vote!!